Last minute sailing and guarantee questions?

mspink98

Much to our shock and pleasure, my parents have decided to join us on our cruise leaving 2/17. They booked an interior gty today. Obviously, they will not have documents mailed to them with 8 days left to go. They’ll be completing their online check in and printing the set sail pass in the next few days, but what should they do about luggage tags? I assume they’ll be available at the pier, but will they be printed, or will they need to write in their stateroom info, etc?

Also, I’ve never done a guarantee before, and I’ve certainly never had the freedom to book this close to sailing. When and how should they hear about a room assignment? Will they get an email or anything, or should they just keep checking the res online?

Any other words of wisdom about short notice cruises or guarantees would be appreciated! I’m thrilled they’ve decided to come along, but even more thrilled they’re taking a vacation. It’s been a heck of a year for them-health scares and family deaths all over the place. They need an escape from reality for a while. :)

They'll get their luggage tags at the pier. They will have to be filled out with name, room number etc. I always take a sheet of address labels with me to slap on there, that way all that has to be written on is the room #. The address labels also come in handy at the end of the cruise for the tags you get for disembarkment.

As to guarantee assignments, just keep checking the reservation online. I've had my guarantee assignments as quickly as 24 hours after booking, but sometimes you don't find out until you get to the pier to checkin.

They should go ahead and do the set sail pass tonight, if at all possible. There is a cutoff time after which you can no longer fill it out.

The luggage handling staff at the pier will supply luggage tags which they will simply write on their cabin number with a marker pen. They should have received eDocs if they have an email address or if they don't and have booked through a TA, the TA should be able to print the eDocs for them or they could use your email address to get them. Just call RC to request if the latter. My sister, who is going on our next cruise with us, doesn't have internet service and simply uses our email address when booking with RC. Actually it is I who does the booking and follow up for her so this work out well for me.

Our last two cruise bookings were with guarantee cabins. I found cabin number by cheaking reservation on line. Both time cabins were assigned within a few days of making our booking. Nothing else was sent but our cabin number was on our Set Sail Pass when I did our online registration.

The following is what was stated on our guarantee cabin reservation.

Balcony Stateroom Guarantee

With this selection, you are guaranteed to receive a balcony stateroom, which could be in any balcony category (excluding suites), anywhere on the ship. Room assignments may be determined at any time after your reservation has been completed and paid in full up to the day of sailing.

Actually for our upcomimg Radiance Hawaii cruise, our cabin was assigned before we had made final payment. Since your parents' booking is within the final payment period, I imagine their cruise has been paid in full.

Archived