Sea Lion Encounter at Cayo Levantado

Bahia Cruiser

One of the new attractions this year at Samana is the Cayo Levantado Sea Lion Encounter. I have some firends that just came back from there and they loved the excursion, it's a combined excursion with beach time at Cayo. It is an open water encounter in the ocean where you swim together with the sea lion in the ocean. Does anyone have more information about this tour?

• 8 months later...
You can book the excursion either through the ship or once at Cayo. I think that there is no age requierements if child is accompanied by an adult.

We're already scheduled through NCL to do the Whale Watching and Cayo Levantado beach escape. And since you can only schedule one excursion through the cruiseline, we are not able to also schedule the Sea Lion Encounter. It sounds like we might possibly be able to schedule the Sea Lion encounter once we are dropped off at the island after the whale wathching if there are still some openings? I was really torn between scheduling these two excursions. I want to see the whales but I would absolutely love to swim with the Sea Lions as long as it is a good environment for them that doesn't cause any harm.

Archived