Walk From Mullet Beach To Maho Beach?

Jaxsonbrownie

So is the walk from mullet beach to maho beach just 15 minutes?

It looks like much longer.

Is mullet beach a calm water beach or big waves?

Yes its a short, easy, walk.

for us it was very calm, with quite a few kids playing in the gentle surf. It probably depends on the weather, etc.

Are Mullet Bay and Maho Beaches free to get in? Thanks all for all the great info, our cruise is in Sept. I can't wait to check them out! :)

Yes both are free to get in. There is a nominal charge for chairs and an umbrella.

You are welcome... and you will absolutely love it!

Mullet looking towards rocks

Mullet Bay looking back from the rocks

12808339284_58fd22d484_c.jpg

That looks gorgeous! I can't wait. I see people out there snorkeling. Do you know how deep it is there by the rocks around the area this picture was taken?

Also, I know it was mentioned you could rent beach chairs and there was a porta potty there, what about drinks? Is there any type of vendor there?

That looks gorgeous! I can't wait. I see people out there snorkeling. Do you know how deep it is there by the rocks around the area this picture was taken?

Also, I know it was mentioned you could rent beach chairs and there was a porta potty there, what about drinks? Is there any type of vendor there?

I'm not sure exactly how deep it is. I don't think it was "very" deep. Yes, there was a vendor setup selling lunch and drinks. We didn't get any, so I don't know about prices, etc.

BTW, it was a fun hike around the rocks, and definitely worth checking out. Just make sure to wear shoes of some sort.

12808017363_e17dca9315.jpg

The snorkeling is nothing special at Mullet. It is a beautiful beach though and if you really want to snorkel then try over by the rocks on the left side of the beach while facing the water.

Is there a place to lock our stuff up? Do they rent lockers or things like that? I want to snorkel with my family, but we like to go together and not make one person be in charge of watching the stuff.

I'm not sure exactly how deep it is. I don't think it was "very" deep. Yes, there was a vendor setup selling lunch and drinks. We didn't get any, so I don't know about prices, etc.

BTW, it was a fun hike around the rocks, and definitely worth checking out. Just make sure to wear shoes of some sort.

12808017363_e17dca9315.jpg

Definitely going to take a hike around the rocks. Those pictures look gorgeous and interesting. Thanks for the info, otherwise I probably would have never did it. :)

Glad to hear there are vendors with food and drinks. While we don't plan on eating here (we'll wait until we get over to Maho), but I'm sure we'll be thirsty at some point during our morning stay. :p

The snorkeling is nothing special at Mullet. It is a beautiful beach though and if you really want to snorkel then try over by the rocks on the left side of the beach while facing the water.

I do recall you saying snorkeling wasn't much. I was just wondering why the pictures had people snorkeling in it and if there was anything to see by the rocks. Sometimes you'll come across some things in areas like that.

I always manage to take at least my mask everywhere I go...just in case. I only take all of my equipment if I know there's good snorkeling. I have noticed that I always manage to find something that I have never seen before while snorkeling in areas that there doesn't seem to be good snorkeling. (Hence the reason I always take my mask :D). Snorkeling in places that normally don't have good snorkeling I have managed to see my first starfish, lionfish, lobster and some type of "hairy" looking sea cucumber. :p These were all found in areas with sandy bottoms and might have 1 small rock in the area. I'm game. :D

Is there a place to lock our stuff up? Do they rent lockers or things like that? I want to snorkel with my family, but we like to go together and not make one person be in charge of watching the stuff.

I don't think so. At least not that I remembered seeing.

• 1 month later...
Just wondering about taxi charges to Mullet? How easy is it to walk to Maho after? I would hate to get lost..lol Any idea on taxi charges back to the port from Maho?

in Feb, it was $8PP to Mullet from the pier. The walk from Mullet to Maho is short, easy, and would be VERY hard to get lost. follow the golf course out, then walk through the shops to Maho. google map it for the route, but its very easy.

From maho to Mullet it was another $8pp. Suggest not staying too late due to crowds and getting back on time.

in Feb, it was $8PP to Mullet from the pier. The walk from Mullet to Maho is short, easy, and would be VERY hard to get lost. follow the golf course out, then walk through the shops to Maho. google map it for the route, but its very easy.

From maho to Mullet it was another $8pp. Suggest not staying too late due to crowds and getting back on time.

Thank you!! You have been very helpful.. :)

You paid $8 pp via taxi from Maho to Mullet? You must have meant from Maho to the pier. We paid $4 pp from the airport to Maho beach and that is much longer of a drive than from Maho beach to Mullet Bay beach.

Earlier in the thread there is a map showing the way to walk from Mullet to Maho.

You paid $8 pp via taxi from Maho to Mullet? You must have meant from Maho to the pier. We paid $4 pp from the airport to Maho beach and that is much longer of a drive than from Maho beach to Mullet Bay beach.

Earlier in the thread there is a map showing the way to walk from Mullet to Maho.

Duh sorry you are right. I shouldn't post at 1 am. From mullet to Maho we walked. Taxi from the pier to mullet and then another from Maho to actually the boardwalk both were 8pp... From the boardwalk after shopping we took the water taxi which was like 5 I think,,,

We just returned and paid $8pp from the port to Mullet and then we walked over from Mullet to Maho (VERY easy walk and hard to get lost). Then we found a driver that decreased our price to $7 (for the children) on the ride back and even picked us up at the time we wanted back in the little town that we passed while walking from Mullet to Maho. :D

We just returned and paid $8pp from the port to Mullet and then we walked over from Mullet to Maho (VERY easy walk and hard to get lost). Then we found a driver that decreased our price to $7 (for the children) on the ride back and even picked us up at the time we wanted back in the little town that we passed while walking from Mullet to Maho. :D

Thanks for the update!! Was Mullet a nice place to spend a couple of hours? Was there actual bathrooms there? Was the little town a good place to pick up any gifts?

Thanks for the update!! Was Mullet a nice place to spend a couple of hours? Was there actual bathrooms there? Was the little town a good place to pick up any gifts?

We loved Mullet. It was beautiful and would have loved to stay there the entire day (much better beach and scenery than Maho, but of course we wanted the kids to experience the planes). They have outhouses there at the entrance. I only noticed it because I had to use one when we first arrived. I'm not sure if there were others there. But it was clean and it didn't smell surprisingly.

The little town had a lot of restaurants/places to eat/bars and some gift shops. We didn't go in any and only ate there after our day at Maho. So, I can't comment on whether or not the prices were good or what they actually had in the stores. Sorry.