Sports on Freedom class ships

Sultan84

I love the Voyager Class ships because of the inline skating and the ice skating. However, we have also found that on some cruises these are hardly ever open due to unsuitable weather. My husband would like to go on a Freedom class ship, but they don't have the inline skating.

Now I am wondering about their new sports options

- the flowrider : is it only for people who know how to surf? I have never been on a surf-board, I wouldn't mid trying, but I am worried about possible injury. Who has tried and can tell me all about it? Is the use restricted to port / certain weather? Does one have to sign up at the beginnin gof the cruise? How much does it cost?

- the boxing ring : has anyone who does not usually box found any use of the boxing ring? do they teach some kind of classes? How is access regulated and again how much does it cost?

Thanks for your help

If you don't know how to surf, you can still use the flowrider! They will help you! I doubt that injury is likely! The water will cushion any falls! And the attendant will be holding onto you, until you get the hang of it! (If injury was likely, they wouldn't have it on the ship!) I'm sure the hours of operation will be dependant upon the weather, but it should be open even while at sea. There is no charge.

Don't know about the boxing ring--I've never had a desire to box--might break a nail!

We talked about the boxing ring on another thread...you can get a personal training to show/teach/ give a boxing work out! I did it, the session was $ 85

Go to the flowrider first... no one is ever using it on the first day, they'll teach you how to use it - no worries and I never saw anyone hurt. I did see 2 broken arms from ice skating in fresh casts!!! ouch.

Archived