Best Alaska aerial tour

Galadraal

My DH and I are doing the Oosterdam Alaska cruise July 26 to August 2 (SEA roundtrip). I'm hoping for advice on the best aerial tour (and which port is the best for flightseeing). I would like to do the Salmon Bake in Juneau for sure. I would also like advice for the best Whale Watch/ Nature/ Wildlife type cruise as well.

Thanks in advance for all your help :D

I recommend the Taku Lodge flightseeing trip in Juneau. It includes lunch of fresh grilled salmon which was outstanding and I don't like fish! And the food is served on real plates, not paperplates. The flight on the floatplane was spectacular with wonderful views of glaciers and snow covered mountains and beautiful lakes. I have pictures at the link below that can give you some idea of what we saw.

I recommend the Taku Lodge flightseeing trip in Juneau. It includes lunch of fresh grilled salmon which was outstanding and I don't like fish! And the food is served on real plates, not paperplates. The flight on the floatplane was spectacular with wonderful views of glaciers and snow covered mountains and beautiful lakes. I have pictures at the link below that can give you some idea of what we saw.

I agree this is a great excursion - we did it twice!

Pictures here and here....

Joanne-

I see you are on the same cruise as we are. This is our first cruise to Alaska. Heck-never been on a cruise and we are about to go on the Disney one in March.

We will be traveling with my husband's family. ;)

You should definitely check out the Alaska ports of call board. We did the helicopter glacial landing in Juneau with Coastal Helicopters and it was absolutely the highlight of our trip (I've never been on one in my life). To fly over and stand on a glacier is like nothing I could have imagined!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I haven't checked lately to see all the posts so far.

JudyNorth, yours sounds the best for Juneau. I did the best of one but I did the evening whale watch when I went solo and I would much prefer regular plates to paper :D My DH couldn't get the time off so I didn't want to do any flightseeing at that time.

Hache, you will LOVE cruising! I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time on your Disney cruise.

dakrewser, I've done a glacier hike and a dogsledding excursion in Alaska but after seeing your pix from Taku, that may be my next excursion.

St Michaels, the Russian Church you have pictured from your Sitka stop; a former priest from my church is now the Dean there. Sitka is definately going to be a port on my next Alaska cruise.

dakrewser, I've done a glacier hike and a dogsledding excursion in Alaska but after seeing your pix from Taku, that may be my next excursion.

St Michaels, the Russian Church you have pictured from your Sitka stop; a former priest from my church is now the Dean there. Sitka is definately going to be a port on my next Alaska cruise.

Thanks, but - credit where credit is due - I write the words but makrewser takes the pictures!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks . . . I also booked a Ketchikan Mountain Flightseeing and Crab Feast on this cruise. I hope we have great weather for the entire trip :D I'm getting really excited especially since I just booked all my excursions. I know July will be here before I know it.

I guess my response is too late, but when we were in Juneau, we took the four glacier helicopter ride, landed on the glacier, and went dog sledding. It was a breath taking and exciting experience. I really loved it and think it was one of the best excursions I've ever done.

We also did the Misty Fjords trip, out of Ketchikan

Hi Carol, it's never to late to give cruise advice. I've booked my excursions but I know there are tons more people out there who will find this thread informative now and in the future. One of the awesome things with CC is being able to get valuable information and advice on everything from what to pack to what you wished you'd packed.

I'd heard great things about the Misty Fjords but I thought the "Exclusive Mountaintop Flightseeing and Crab Feast" sounded especially good especially with the Crab Feast part :D

Archived