How formal are formal nights?

landj4always

Considering booking a b2b on norwegian and have been reading things are a little more laid back on these ships. Would like to know how formal the formal dinners are. DH like to dress up, tux and all, just want to know if he will feel too out of place. Thanks for any help and opinions.

I've seen some people all decked out for the formal nights on NCL - but I would recommend making dinner reservations at one of the specialty restaurants that night (like the steak house or Le Bistro). There's a better chance that most of the people in the room will be dressed nicely and you won't feel out of place.

We never have anything to get really dressed up for at home, so we went all out two nights (the at sea days), me in a fancy cocktail dress and sparkly shoes and my hubby in a nice suit. We didn't see many other people as dressed up as we were, but we did get lots of compliments. If you want to go all out, especially if you don't ever get to go formal at home, do it and just be confident!

I've seen some people all decked out for the formal nights on NCL - but I would recommend making dinner reservations at one of the specialty restaurants that night (like the steak house or Le Bistro). There's a better chance that most of the people in the room will be dressed nicely and you won't feel out of place.

Actually, everyone on the ship will be "dressed nicely." Perhaps a somewhat higher percentage will be dressed formally in the steak house or Le Bistro. Then again, perhaps not.

You will not see a lot of tuxedos and gowns but you might see some. You will see more cocktail and suits on optional formal night. Other nights most everyone is dressed resort casual in my observations.

How wonderful to do a back2back! Leaving the tux at home might be easier for packing. What does your husband think about wearing it even if everyone else is not? The great thing about freestyle is that you can dress up...or not!

I hope he wears it. The women will appreciate it.

Coka

Archived