Need help swaying friends from RCI to Princess

HMbrink

We are checking into cruises for Feb 09 with another couple (we are close friends that have travelled together before). We have all sailed Princess and love it, but the other couple has also sailed RCI. I really want to try the Crown or Ruby, but I think they want to also consider RCI's Liberty because they like the "bigness" of it. We have to fly into FLL either way (many more flights available, plus cheaper from our home city) and can't come down the night before (we both have young kids and don't want to leave them for one more night!). I know this is a win-win, but need some help swaying them towards Princess - can anyone help? TIA!

I have sailed both - RCCL definitely has the edge on the majesty of the ships. On the other hand my wife and I have sailed Princess 5 times and RCCL once, and it is hard to define why. We just know we'd rather book Princess.

The one biggie is that we don't like traditional dining - we are on vacation and would like to pick our dining times ourselves.

We are checking into cruises for Feb 09 with another couple (we are close friends that have travelled together before). We have all sailed Princess and love it, but the other couple has also sailed RCI. I really want to try the Crown or Ruby, but I think they want to also consider RCI's Liberty because they like the "bigness" of it. We have to fly into FLL either way (many more flights available, plus cheaper from our home city) and can't come down the night before (we both have young kids and don't want to leave them for one more night!). I know this is a win-win, but need some help swaying them towards Princess - can anyone help? TIA!

Even though I'm a major Princess cheerleader, I have cruised several times with RCI. If you like big ships and don't mind a set dining time, then I would give it a try. After you have travelled another line, you will then be able to make your own knowledgeable comparison.

Pia

Archived