Payment for Alla Tours?

Lisette

We are a group of 5 and have booked a 2 day private tour with Alla in June. I was reading a post from 2006 about paying for the tour with a credit card and that it means that you actually have to take a cash advance off the credit card and that it is not an actual transaction. Could anyone who has travelled with them before, and paid by credit card let me know what their experience was. I have been very impressed with Alla and the tour that we have planned. Thanks for any info

We are a group of 5 and have booked a 2 day private tour with Alla in June. I was reading a post from 2006 about paying for the tour with a credit card and that it means that you actually have to take a cash advance off the credit card and that it is not an actual transaction. Could anyone who has travelled with them before, and paid by credit card let me know what their experience was. I have been very impressed with Alla and the tour that we have planned. Thanks for any info

Lisette, this is a question that you should be asking Alla. She can tell you if it is a retail sale or a cash advance and she can tell you her current policy for accepting credit cards such as which cards she accepts and if there are any surcharges. No sense in getting second-hand information.

Keep this is mind: There is no question about your tour that you cannot ask your tour operator--there is no such thing as a dumb question and nothing is off limits. While we might learn a lot from fellow travelers, only our tour operator can speak for the company. What was policy in 2007 may be different in 2008.

Have a great cruise!

We settled up with US cash, but we had to have bills that were not marked with a marker or too crumpled or old looking. Apparently the Russian banks are fearful of counterfeit currency.

The locals actually prefer euros anyway.

Ask her about the credit card policy.

Be sure to notify your CC company that you will be abroad as well as where and when.

Archived