Miami debark 20080830, get to FLL for 12:50noon flight?

Middleager

We'll be debarking Carnival Liberty on Sat. Aug. 30, 2008, at 8am, port of Miami.

We originally had a flight at 1:30pm but Air Canada changed it to 12:50noon (to Montreal, to connect to Toronto). We are Canadian. Carnival does not allow "foreigners" to self-debark, so we have to wait for general debarkation.

How late could it be for us to get our luggage, and be ready to go at the port?

Right now it's my wife and I on the AC flight. There are others coming on the same cruise. They might be flying out of FLL too (to Buffalo, or elsewhere, different times), so if there's enough time we'll try to go together and share the cost. But if time gets tight, my wife and I can catch a taxi ourselves without waiting/coordinating with others.

I think 12:50 will be ok. You should be there within an hour of departing the ship once you factor everything in. You can also call your airline and tell them the earlier time is not acceptable and they can maybe try to put you on the later flight for no charge if you'd rather not worry about it. But 12:50 should not offer you too many problems.

Archived