Cabin Neighbors

carfac

Hi:

We got our cabin assignment for the Grand Princess. Our first room was directly beneath the Night Club, and I called and asked to be moved. They moved us up a few floors. We are now between two onboard laundry's (one above us, one below us) and right next to a passenger elevator bank.

I know there is no perfect cabin, and I am willing to make allowances. But I am not sure if I should maybe try and move again- will this be too much around us?

dave

My advice would be to try and get a hold of the deck plans for the Grand Princess and try and figure out the best cabin available over the phone.

Otherwise if you keep allowing them to pick the cabin you will continually end up with all of the oddball locations. It's like when you go to a restaurant they will always try and unload the table near the kitchen. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Happy Sails

Jonathan

I agree that you should get the deck plans and look them over closely. It sounds as if you were booked on a guarantee basis; if so the cruiseline may not have a lot to choose from and can only offer you what is not already specifically chosen by people who picked their locations.

In the future, book a specific cabin and refuse to allow a TA to make a guarantee booking; and on Princess, specify No Upgrade to ensure you keep the cabin you chose.

Archived