Carribean Princess - Room Types

amypete

Hi there - just recently booked a cruise for New England. It is our second cruise - and we are looking forward to our trip to celebrate a big anniversary and b-day! I did it through Travelocity as we didn't need plane tickets due to some airline vouchers we have to use before the middle of September - so we didn't need a combo airfare/cruise deal.

I have booked us a balcony stateroom on the Caribe deck - after looking through different boards, it seemed as these were nice sized balconies. Our first cruise, quite a few years ago was an inside room, which made me feel too closed in. I want the sunshine! My question is - is it worth it to upgrade to a minisuite? I will need dramamine - got a bit queasy whale watching last year! - So where is a good location? And if I switch, do I call Princess direct or the travelocity people? Thanks!

The Caribe balconies are half covered, half uncovered and HUGE! I would definitely stay with the Caribe balcony cabin as the balconies for the mini suites are smaller and totally uncovered. The balcony rooms are plenty big enough for 2 people and with that big of a balcony, you spend a lot of time out there!

That is great to know, thanks! I don't want to spend my time obsessing about what I coulda shoulda done, KWIM?

I thought it looked good. As long as I have my dramamine - and I am thinking since it is not trying to go across the Gulf of Mexico that maybe it won't be as rocky? Although the whale watching episode wasn't fun, that was on a dinky little Gilligans Island type of boat! :D

We are booked also and told it may be too cold alot to go out there on the balcony and may be too foggy. Are you going in the Sept/Oct timeframe? Strange that I finally got my aft facing cabin and it may be too cold or too foggy to enjoy. Yes, the Caribe deck is the best deck for the large balconies - changing to minisuite would be another TV, a sofa and a tub. There are 12 minisuites on the Emerald deck that are covered if you really wanted one. Reading reviews about the weather and rain I don't think I would want a fully exposed balcony on the Dolphin deck where the majority of the minis are. I would go for the Emerald deck.

We are going the last week in August - so coming from very HOT and HUMID Nebraska, I might enjoy a sweater or jacket! We were in Cape Cod last September, right after Labor Day and it did get nippy when the sun went down - so I imagine it won't be much different.

We are (I am bad with ship lingo) not in the mid section - more towards the front (in the green colored section, I think) and I did end up with the side of the ship that, if I thought about it faces the sea on the sea day and faces the shore on all the others, so we should be able to see the Canadian coastline - if it isn't too foggy!

Still better than a tall cornfield, which is what I see out my front door.....:rolleyes:

Archived