November weather

hawkshoe

We are considering a November cruise with DCL. Can anyone tell me what the weater is like for the Bahamas and CC at that time. I know it can still be hurricaine season. I am wondering if it will be warm enough to swim and enjoy the beaches.

we have gone the past 2 Novembers and had great westher.

we did have a quick shower at St. Thomas but they get a shower everyday all year around.

we were able to get in the water on CC with no problem.

It was a bit windy but that is typical for an island.

I think it was about 80 on St. Maartin and St. Thomas, I know I saw a lot of sun burned people:eek:

we love the weather and lack of crowds so much in November we have cruises the next 2 Novembers booked too. We like to go the week after Thanksgiving because it costs less and they have the ship and CC decorated for Christmas.

mom x4,grandma x4

• 3 weeks later...

We cruised back to back November 24th to December 1st - Eastern & then December 1st to 8th 2007 - Western

We had no weather problems either week.

Having mostly always cruised DCL in May, we were pleasantly surprised how warm it was, even the water at most of the ports of call. We did snorkel excursions in both Grand Caymen & Cozumel, as well as swimming & messing around with a float at Castway Cay without finding the water cold - in fact it was possibly slightly warmer than in May.

We had taken lightweight fleeces & plenty of zip off trousers rather than lots of shorts, but only wore the trousers because we ran out of other things to wear & not because it was cold.

It was a major deciding factor for us, as whilst on board we re-booked back to back Eastern/Western cruises for 5th to 19th December 2009.

Hope this helps.

I have to say... these weather threads are just about the loosest cannons of the thread world. Weather is just about the only item on the entire cruise that can't be controlled. We, your fellow posters, really aren't much... if any... help to you. We are just a placebo that could make you feel better by saying "Oh, the weather is great! Enjoy yourself."

KNOW THIS:

June 1st to Nov 30th is hurricane season.

97% of all tropical activity happens in those months.

3% still happens the other months of the year.

Caribbean weather tends to stay FAIRLY constant all year long.

In winter, Florida weather will often still be very warm during the day, 20+ degree drops overnight are still common.

YOU COULD GET WET ON THIS RIDE! ;)

No matter what anyone tells you about the weather in 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004, 2003 or even 1956... you will have to wait and see.

Weather websites are you best friend... wait until 10 days before your trip and check them. Most do a 10 day forcast that is REASONABLY accurate.

We did a DCL cruise in Feb. 2004 and an Oct/Nov 2006. I was worried about the weather, too. While one can't predict rain. It is definately not cold. We were so hot and the water wasn't much relief in Oct. It seems to be a fairly constant warm in that region no matter when you go.

My first cruise was late october during hurricane season, we left from Galveston Texas and the seas in the gulf were pretty high but once we got out to the ocean it was fine.

Even with the rough water conditions the stabilizers did a really good job and we didn't notice it too much most of the time.

It was really warm as well. I had no complaints.

• 3 months later...

Archived