Getting Docs if you don't have a computer...

VentureMan_2000

I've been reading here that Carnival only does e-Docs now. It got me wondering about how folks can get their Docs if they don't have a computer... or Internet access.

Say I call Carnival on the phone and book a cruise through them. I'm sure they would ask for an email and such. Wonder how they handle your reservations and Docs if you have no on-line access... or if you are computer illiterate.

Go to the library and ask your librarian. They will be happy to help you.

Why should anyone have to go to the library ?

Could you imagine purchasing something and then being told to go to the Library and ask the Librarian to get it for you ? It's all about the Customer's experience.

Airlines have made e-tickets easy at the airports... you just need a credit card for a unmanned kiosk to provide you your tickets.

Cruises are not that simple and require a lot more documentation. That is why I was courious regarding how Carnival hadles folks without on-line access for one reason or another.

If you went through a TA you can call them and have them walk you through the Fun Pass and have them print out your Edocs for you.

Actually, I would not reccomend this to anyone.

If you can go to the TA's office - Im sure they will let you use a computer to fill these out yourself. But, do not call them and ask them to fill out your docs online for you.

As you are filling out the docs it will ask you for your passport info including numbers and expiration dates. Also, it will ask you to read the terms and conditions - this should ONLY be accepted by the person sailing. Also it will ask you for your CC info for your sign and sail account (if not doing the cash option). Too many things that the actual person sailing should fill out and accept. When you are clicking those boxes in your edocs, that is the same as your signature. I would never sign someone else's signature even if they asked me to.

As far as going to the library or a friend's house to get your docs, it only takes a few minutes and there are only 3 pages you need to print out plus your luggage tags.

As the OP has said, I would not like the idea of going somewhere public to do this. As said above too much personal info. I would say go to a friend's house.

Archived