How early did you receive your cabin assignment?

krmckee

booking a guarantee-- once the cabin is assigned it can change up til sailing. Never give your luggage to the porter until they verify your assignment.

Usually cruiselines start assigning cabins AFTER final payment is made- this way they can see how many cancel and what cabins are left in inventory. they then move the guarentee people around and start discounting.

If you are booked on carnival-- please register to use their site-- after you register--on the top of the page is a link that says MY Profile.

put in your information including booking number-- this is where you will see an assignment=-=-under crusie details.

serene, I check Carnivals site everyday still get TBA, I booked a 1A guarantee back in Sept.:cool:

how bizarre- how well is your sailing selling?? Please let me know what you got as an upgrade.

I received mine the night I booked our cruise. We aren't going till June and I booked in Sept

When you get a cabin assignment when you book--especially that far in advance-- you did not book a guarantee cabin.

:cool: serene, I still don't have a cabin yet? But today my pvp called even tho I didn't book thru her and she checked and it is TBA, she said it might work out Ok, so I will wait it out til I get to the pier!!:)

well??? did you get your assignment yet???

• 2 weeks later...
When you book a guarantee room, what does that mean? I keep seeing that term but don't understand what it means. Thanks!

We booked ours for June in February and we got our room number when I booked. And we have already been upgraded.

a guarantee cabin-- is cheaper then when you book a set cabin-

You book a category-- not a cabin. People do this in hopes of being upgraded to another leval without paying the price difference.

Doing it this way-- you do NOT book an inside cabin if you will not be happy in an inside cabin.. HOPING they bump you to an oceanview.

Booking a guarantee category gives you THAT category-- any where on the ship.

You book a balcony guarantee-- you can be put into any balcony on the ship. You will NOT get a regular oceanview as that is a category under what you booked.

Not all sailings have guarantee cabins available for what you wanted. or they were sold out.

or maybe the agent did not want to explain to you how it works.

Archived