First time on a transatlantic flight...

haligonian37

Since several of you are experienced flyers (& apparently drinkers too LOL), does anyone know if Continental serves free wine on it's international flights? We fly from Newark to Brussels (3/20/08- a non-stop, thankfully). Or should I make sure I have a few $5's for a glass or two (assuming the price hasn't increased LOL). I know the Newark terminal has a bar, but I don't want to drink prior to the flight; that's a little too early for me- plus I want to relax with wine during dinner, not render myself unconscious for the entire flight. Thanks!

Get your money out unless you are flying business or first. Generally, only international airlines still serve free booze in coach.

If you know you are going to "have a few" between the two of you, you can save some bucks by using "Continental Currency":

Redeem Continental Currency in-flight for:
  • Audio headsets
  • Beer
  • Cocktails
  • Wine

On board, alcoholic beverages and headsets can be exchanged for one coupon each. Continental Currency is available in the following increments:

• One coupon: $5
  • Two coupons: $10
  • Three coupons: $13 ($2 discount)
  • Six coupons: $25 ($5 discount)

Continental Currency coupons may be used on any Continental, Continental Express or Continental Micronesia flight for up to one year from the date of purchase.

You can get these coupons at any of the CO kiosks at either check-in or within the concourse area. See HERE for more info. Easier than dealing with cash and the discount means you get 6 drinks for the price of 5 (not exactly happy hour, but for two TATL flights for two people not worth ignoring). Don't use them for headsets - you can buy them cheaper for cash.

As for the "apparently drinkers" comment.....I resemble that remark.:D:D

Archived