Tahitian Princess Penthouse Suites??

isujim

Just checking to see if anyone has stayed in these suites or possibly the Owners Suites in the Aft? It is my understanding they are the same but the Penthouse suites are forward.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Just checking to see if anyone has stayed in these suites or possibly the Owners Suites in the Aft? It is my understanding they are the same but the Penthouse suites are forward.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

We stayed in 8067 which is in the aft. Beautiful suite, BUT the Horizen Buffet is right above it & it gets very noisy late at night and very early mornings due to cleaning. I would try to get on the 6th or 7th deck if at all possible. I have heard that the balcony is also larger on those decks. We love the aft cabins & I would take 8067 again if that was all I could get. They book up very fast & I only got mine in 2007 after someone canceled & I saw it on Princess.com & my TA grabbed it for us.

Good Luck!

Jan

isujim

The view from the Penthouse suites, because they are at the front of the ship, is superb (sort of like looking through the windshield of a car). A forward view from a private cabin on a passenger ship is something very rare (and will be very sought after in Alaska!).

That being said, the Owners Suites (which are, after all, more expensive), have HUGE verandahs.

For great, detailed information on these rooms, check out: http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Princess/tahitianprincess.php

hope this helped!:D

Thanks for the info.........

My wife and I are split on which cabin to take. I want forward and she wants aft.........guess who will win that debate? LOL!!

Thanks for the link.

Jim

I believe that in the foreward suites the balcony doors are kept locked whilst you are travelling for safety reasons...this would influence my decision...dont know about you.

If true it certainly influences my thought process........thanks for the info.

• 3 months later...

We stayed in the owner's suite and it was beautiful. It was decorated in navy and white toille, had beautiful wood paneling and a full wall of beautiful wood cabinets. Tons of storage and a spacious bath and guest bath, also. It was one of the most traditionally styled suites we have been in. Very nice. Be sure to go to the local market and buy an exotic flower arrangement before boarding. We bought one for $25 that at home would have easily been $125 or more. Lasted the whole cruise. The suite was well worth the price.:)

• 2 weeks later...

We booked an owners suite in the front for a ten dy cruise to Tahiti. The room itself was wonderful- alot of space the balcony was very big BUT the view is down over where the equipment is and wasn't the best view. We have had 2 suites at the back of 2 different ships and love the view better. We are booked on another cruise next year and went with a suite in the back once again.

Andrea

We were in 8064 in January in Tahiti. It was absolutely the best room and best of our 8 cruises. I've got pictures - but am technically challenged on how to post them! Send me an e-mail, and I'll be happy to send some pictures. We did balcony dining on our last night and have a picture with Bora Bora in the background. We loved our room and balcony!

Deedee

cricketts108@verizon.net

Archived