VIBE of short cruise vs. long cruise??

gatorclaw

Hey veteran cruisers: Is there more of a party vibe on short cruises vs. long cruises, or any kind of different feel at all?

I suspect there might be more of a party feel- quick weekend get away, more local Floridians just looking for some fun. As opposed to the long cruise- more time to relax, more families, etc.

What's the story? Thanks!

yea, i've found the shorter cruise to be more of a party..People just seem to want to make the most out of it, since its shorter.

at least thats what we do. (we end up spending the same amount of money though!):D the week or more start off great, but by midweek everyone is done! the only time that this didn't seem true is when you have a week long cruise that say leaves out of san juan, then picks up people in barbados to start their cruise.. This seems to keep the party going because half way through your cruise, people are just starting theirs...This was fun when it happened to us, because the ship got a breath of fresh air w/ the new guests...

The shorter cruises have more younger people because they earn less vacation and can't afford the longer cruises. The longer the cruise, the older the passenger mix. If you REALLY want to experience a PARTY CRUISE, take a one or two night cruise to nowhere. There are exceptions, of course...I just did five days on the Celebration and was surprised at the large number of older cruisers. As my high school biology teacher used to say, 'All generalizations are false, including this one...'. EM

Archived