cabin on Horizon

bwerner317

I was on Horizon in January 2003 -- we had the "two upper berths" type of room.

When do you sail? Is the ship full yet? Horizon does have some "sofabed" rooms and some "upper berth" rooms -- you may be able to check and see if there are any sofabed rooms available for your sailing. You may need to go up or down in category, but if you get what you need, then it will be worth it.

Another option, if the ship isn't full yet, is to see if you can get two rooms near each other -- then you can either have one person pay more for having a single room, or use the extra space in the second room as community property space for all to use and split up the cost between the three passengers. Three unrelated adults with one bathroom can be pretty tight sometimes, so it may be worth it to go ahead and have the second room so that one person can go to the bathroom while another is showering, for example.

But your first call should be to the travel agent to see if ANY sofabed rooms are available in ANY categories, and then go from there. If you have to upgrade significantly in order to get a sofabed, it will probably be cheaper to go ahead and get two lower-category rooms anyway.

Hope this helps!

• 5 weeks later...

I had the same experience as Kathy when I went with my mom and sis on the Horizon in March 2003. I put the roll-away in between the 2 beds, so my mom could get up in the middle of the night and be blocked to the bathroom.

Archived