Rome Italy

george35

Flying to Rome & sailing on the LIBERTY. My friend said it is 1hr & 15 min. from the airport to the ship & there is a shuttle for $130 P/P. That seems a little steep. Also would like to stay in ROME a couple of days before we get on the ship but if it cost $ 260 for 2 people to go 1hr & 15 min. I hate to think of what a hotel cost. Any sugguestions for a hotel in rome not to far from the airport.

George

Yo george35-

Several years ago we took a cruise from Rome to Dover on NCL "Dream" and arrived a couple of days before sailing - got a nice room off of hotels.com for around $110 per night - included breakfast - then took the train down to the port the day we sailed and it was around $10 pp (you have to take a taxi from the train station to the ship and it was about $10 tip included)

Happy Cruisin'

Mike

In June, we stayed at the Casa di Francesca Romana in the Trastevere district for about 80 dollars a night and a lovely breakfast. I know they have a website. Also check the Europe boards. There are lots of tips for getting to the port and back for a lot cheaper than you were quoted.

Archived