9A under Lido on Carnival Glory... Is the noise too bad???

lucyddr

We just booked 8445, which is a 9a corner balcony which sits under the lido pool area. How bad is the noise??? (We have been on the first floor under machinery, aft balcony near turbines, and by laundry before without being bothered much...just FYI...) BTW Our only other 9a choice is above one of the nightclubs, so I'm not sure that would be any better...:o

I don't think being under the pool deck is bad. You are closer to all the daytime action and chairs are not moved around in the middle of the night. Many of the ships I've been on have all the suites on the deck right below the pool, you pay more for that deck. I have had loud obnoxious people next to or above me that caused more problems than the pool noise. I pick the location I want and hope for the best.

We just booked 8445, which is a 9a corner balcony which sits under the lido pool area. How bad is the noise??? (We have been on the first floor under machinery, aft balcony near turbines, and by laundry before without being bothered much...just FYI...) BTW Our only other 9a choice is above one of the nightclubs, so I'm not sure that would be any better...:o
Hoping you mean 8455! :D We had 8455 (9A wrap) on the Liberty this past April and LOVED it!

We have since booked 8448 on the Carnival Freedom, which is the 9A wrap on the other corner! :p You may hear some chair/table movement at weird times, but nothing to keep you awake. Just have an extra Foo-Foo drink before retiring, and you'll sleep thru it!!:eek: :)

we have had regular balconies on deck 6 above the lounge on the Victory/Destiny nd the Liberty- heard sounds in the hall but not in the cabin. The cabin is situated over seating area and away from the stage area.

The only thing you will hear being under the lido deck is MAYBE chair scrapping across the floor

Cool and yes, it's 8455. (Senile moment....) I slept through 2 hurricaines when we lived in Florida, though my husband is a little more sensitive. I think both of us will be fine and the scraping of a few chairs will certainly not deter us from the room and great location. Thanks for all of your feedback!

Archived