Need advice / price adjustment from TA

krmckee

We got a great deal on our cruise ($200 less than Carnival PVP) via our membership wholesale warehouse TA which hopefully you can guess the name of. My question is: has anyone had any luck with price adjustments with this company? Does it make a difference if it happens before or after final payment is due? Has it been easy or hard to get the lower price and is there a fee involved?

We have already paid in full but final payment for this itinerary is not due until the 26th so I have 2 more days to ask for it. The price on my cruise went down today - is that due to the 1 day sale? Is there a chance that it will go down further on the 28th?

Thanks for any advice!

If the price goes down less than what you paid, all you can do is ask. Every TA is different, some charge for adjustments. Just call them and ask them.

The one the OP is referring to, just started charging $25, if booked a while back there wouldnt be a penalty. Im booked thru them too.

The one the OP is referring to, just started charging $25, if booked a while back there wouldnt be a penalty. Im booked thru them too.

LOL! thanks! I wasn't sure which of the ones she was referring to... I know that one of them doesn't charge, but not familiar with the other two!! Thanks!

OP here..... I called and asked the TA. Originally they were going to charge the $25 change fee but then they waived it. I am not sure why but I think it was because my final payment is not due yet. I saved $54 on this price reduction not to mention the already reduced booking rate. Thanks everyone for your advice. I love these boards!

OP here..... I called and asked the TA. Originally they were going to charge the $25 change fee but then they waived it. I am not sure why but I think it was because my final payment is not due yet. I saved $54 on this price reduction not to mention the already reduced booking rate. Thanks everyone for your advice. I love these boards!

Yea, Im a little upset about the new $25 change/cancel fee, took some air out of booking with them. Makes me think twice. Now I might not be so quick to transfer a booking to them either until its closer to final payment.

I made a change, moved a cruise to 2 weeks later and they didnt charge me the $25 either, and I gave a good recommendation to the rep who did the change, he transferred me to his boss and I said how pleased I was (especially with them not charging me the new fee but I didnt say that part).

This is an interesting question and one that I have myself. I booked my cruise a couple of weeks ago with an online TA. (Not sure if you can say the name, but it was CruisesO... d o t c o m.) I had to pay in full at the time because the cruise departs on March 14th. Like many of you, I can't help but check the cruise prices often to see if they have gone down. Sure enough, just last week they went down quite a bit. Mind you, I got a past guest price when I booked but even the past guest price was cheaper than the one I got.

After doing some research here I decided to call my online TA and see if I could get a price reduction to match the new price. She told me I couldn't because it was too close to the cruise's departure date. They offered a cabin upgrade but that would have put me in a cabin underneath the galley which would have been noisy, no thank you. After letting her know I was very disappointed because I had heard of other TAs giving price reductions or at least OBC for the difference she contacted Carnival and told me should give me a $58 OBC. Not the difference in price, in fact, it was less than half but it was better than nothing so I took it.

I guess I'm wondering why they didn't reduce the price if others have done so after final payment? Should I be using another travel agent or maybe dealing with the cruise line directly? The whole thing left a bad taste in my mouth so any suggestions on who I should be booking with for future cruises would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Archived