7AM Disembark Flight out of Barbados. WORRIED

SRCalicruiser

The corporate Travel agent who booked our flight has us on a 7am flight out of Barbados and as of yet we have not been able to change the time.

I am really worried we will miss our plane, anyone out there care to reach out and tell me if I can make the flight.

Thank You

Bryan

Last time I was in Barbados as a port of embark/disembark, 7am flights were not being met *Unless* you inform the front desk/reception, and *usually* they *MAY* be able to pull into port *SUPER* early.

We have had to do this several times, but only AFTER the reception people INFORMED the purser of the "early flights" (that is why the "disembark information" is so-o-o-o-o-o-o critical to get turned in, even on Day One.....

so....

I suggest you inform the Reception AS SOON AS YOU GET ON BOARD, and usually what happens is that the office staff compiles the disembark info and then the Captain sees that there are some (ridiculously) early flights, and they make adjustments to the arrival, rather than floating around for hours...... Because as we all know, just because we've arrived and it's the last morning, it does not mean you can just walk off... Customs/Immigration Officials have to come on board and take their sweet time to check all the passports, then you would have to be first in line to go, probably miss breakfast, not a big deal, and RUSH through baggage claim and customs (which is complicated in Barbados because it's all in a different building, away from the ship)....

My other suggestion is DEFINITELY keep trying to change that flight~!~!~!~!~!

And fire your travel agent.

A couple in our party took a 7.15 early flight and got there on time (the flight was subsequently cancelled!). I don't know what the previous comment about customs being in a different building was all about - Immigration starts on the ship about 5.45 - 6.00am and you could be first in the queue. You should be first call off the ship, bags waiting for you in the terminal and we went straight through customs in about 2 minutes. Suggest you check with Windstar HQ before cruise and inform again when you board. My recent posting re Windsurf review may be helpful. I'm presuming you are on Windsurf?

The day we got off Windsurf in Barbados (Jan 6th, 2008) there was a large group (about 60 people I think) who all took a 530 am ship arranged transfer to the airport. They had to be in the lounge at 4:30 am for customs clearance. We were not in that group, but I assume they made their flights. The airport is not all that far, and I assume, traffic would be light so early in the morning.

So - not a great way to end a vacation - but I do think people make flights that early if you tell the front desk as soon as you board. (It probably also helps if there are a large number of people needing this accommodation)

Hope this helps and provides some peace of mind.

Thanks to everybody for the responses. It will be a lousy end to a great trip but I am going to attempt the 7am flight. I'll let you know how we make out:)

Could you call the airline direct to change the flight? Might cost a change fee but it would sure make the end of the vacation much nicer.

• 3 weeks later...

Was an ugly day on Sunday, stayed up all night and left the Wind Surf at 430AM but they were very accommodating and there were many of us on the early flight. Made it no problem but it took me 2 days to recover:) What a great cruise (private), what a magnificent ship and the crew was a blast.

Archived