QM2 in Quebec City

Twickenham

Just to mention that we took that cruise in 2013, and QM2 did not dock in that port, so I wouldn't assume that the port will be as shown. Sorry I can't offer more information, but by the time we reached Quebec, the respiratory infection that was going around caught me, and so I confined myself to cabin for a few days. Anyway, I watched from my balcony those departing on tours. Buses, not Shank's Mare was the norm for those exploring Quebec from the port. Also the gangway presented difficulties for those passengers with mobility issues. I watched from my balcony as the crew did their best to assist, but clearly there were problems delaying ingress and egress.

How unfortunate.

There are four berths available: or at least there were on our visit.

As we approached Quebec...

9506679713_0ce60c1e4b_z.jpg

Celebrity Summit and Silver Whisper were occupying two of the three 'Lower Town' berths while MSC Poesia was up the St. Charles River Estuary: where i assume you were.

Always keen to grab a photograph, I spotted this in the Lower Town historic area...

27217193050_b31b2c085c_z.jpg

Out of interest, on day two of our visit, Celebrity Summit sailed and P&O's Aurora arrived...

26886721473_aff39a860f_z.jpg

Aurora took Celebrity Summit astern of us...

6869498525_f3682e5ac5_z.jpg

Hi,

I also have a quick Quebec City question. I am booked on the QM2's September 27, 2016 Canada / New England cruise. When the ship is docked in Quebec City, I would like to visit the Chateau Frontenac. Is it within walking distance of where the ship will be docked?

Thanks,

Chuck

In Richard's photo the Chateau is the large building near the left edge. Assuming QM2 will dock in the same location it's about a 10-minute walk to the funicular lift that will take you to the plaza in front to the hotel. It's couple of dollars. If you're in shape you can climb the stairway to the right of the funicular and up/around block for another 5 or 10 minutes.

As for distance I can probably give you an illustration...

27217192760_83a767d0b2_z.jpg

...assuming of course you share the same berth.

Edited by Solent Richard