rooms with portholes

dnice1979

Can anybody tell me anything about rooms with portholes. I will be in one for the first time in December on the Destiny I would love to see a picture of this room if anyone has one. I am so excited first time in an outside room not that I will be in the room that much anyway.

I know you guys will help me. :)

We had two of those on the Victory. My daughters wre in the one next to us, furthest up the bow.

The portholes are like tubes- to see the ocean, you have to stand in front of it and look. They do let in a lot of light.

The one closest up to the bow is quite small and there is a sign under the windows that says something like " To aid night time navigation, please close curtain".

They are small, but the area is quiet and for the price, I much prefer it to a larger inside.

We booked a 1A for my DW just to get her on Carnival Glory last year. We had two Panorama balcony cabins that each slept two so we had to put her somewhere. :D (We have three sons) You should have seen the steward scrambling to welcome us on board when we visited the room on the fifth day of the cruise. He couldn't understand that we had been on board for five days and just then came to the room for the first time. :eek:

Anyhow, here are pics that should be similar to Destiny;

2407080460065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

2528339370065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

2008133130065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

We booked a 1A for my DW just to get her on Carnival Glory last year. We had two Panorama balcony cabins that each slept two so we had to put her somewhere. :D (We have three sons) You should have seen the steward scrambling to welcome us on board when we visited the room on the fifth day of the cruise. He couldn't understand that we had been on board for five days and just then came to the room for the first time. :eek:

Anyhow, here are pics that should be similar to Destiny;

2407080460065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

2528339370065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

2008133130065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

Thank you I considered paying the extra money for a ocean view on a higher floor but I am going solo so this will be fine.

Looking at your clock, it appears you are on the Dec 1st sailing- we just gave back cabin 2335 a few days ago, it's the room with the two windows and cheap price ($309)- I haven't checked, but it may still be available if you want to grab it!

Looking at your clock, it appears you are on the Dec 1st sailing- we just gave back cabin 2335 a few days ago, it's the room with the two windows and cheap price ($309)- I haven't checked, but it may still be available if you want to grab it!

I have my room already but thanks I just wanted some info's on the room

Can anybody tell me anything about rooms with portholes. I will be in one for the first time in December on the Destiny I would love to see a picture of this room if anyone has one. I am so excited first time in an outside room not that I will be in the room that much anyway.

I know you guys will help me. :)

Also go to....

http://www.nlgsolutions.com/c/cruisemain.asp

Go to Carnival and then Destiny. They have 360 degree (rotating) photos there.....Click on Ocanview cabin with portholes.....It's cool. I have a 1A on the Destiny in October for a B2B cruise.........

I have to throw this story in although this is not your situation. We got the portholes on the Ecstacy because DH had this romantic vision of looking out through a porthole for the cruise instead of a window. What we found was a little round hole that looked down a long tube through the side of the ship to a piece of plexiglass (I think) that was very scratched. Let me just say we saw nothing! :)

And when leaving port, all of a sudden we heard this horrendous noise that was so loud we couldn't hear each other talking. Luckily it only lasted for a couple of minutes, and then I found the sign saying something like "when leaving port, the ship may make this horrendous noise, sorry about that." But it only happened once. I think it was the bow thrusters or something along those lines.

FYI, I loved that cabin for its location on the bottom passenger deck, but that's another story.

Archived