tipping

Summerfeet

Disney doesn't automatically charge a certain tip to a person or room. The recommended minimum is about $11 per person per day.

Here's a break down for different length cruises:

Per Guest per cruise 3-Night 4-Night 7-Night

Dining Room Server 11.00 14.75 25.75

Dining Room Asst. Server 8.00 10.75 18.75

Dining Room Head Server 2.75 3.75 6.50

Stateroom Host/Hostess 10.75 14.50 25.25

Dining Manager Your Discretion

Room Service Your Discretion

More questions...

1. Does the ship give you any guidelines when figuring tips?

2. Can I pay the tips for another stateroom? My mom is taking us on this cruise and I was thinking that I would like to pay her tips as a little thank you. Plus one of my daughters will be rooming with her and I want to make sure I pay hers.

3. Do you pay the room service tips at the end of the cruise too? Or each time you get room service?

Sorry for all the "silly" questions....I have never been on a cruise before! I am so excited and I am hoping to eliminate some "anxiety" over first time cruising before I set sail:).

Thanks!

More questions...

1. Does the ship give you any guidelines when figuring tips?

2. Can I pay the tips for another stateroom? My mom is taking us on this cruise and I was thinking that I would like to pay her tips as a little thank you. Plus one of my daughters will be rooming with her and I want to make sure I pay hers.

3. Do you pay the room service tips at the end of the cruise too? Or each time you get room service?

Sorry for all the "silly" questions....I have never been on a cruise before! I am so excited and I am hoping to eliminate some "anxiety" over first time cruising before I set sail:).

Thanks!

1. http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/dcl/en_US/help/overview?name=OnboardServicesFAQLandingPage#9

That is directly from the DCL site.

2. If she didn't prepay hers, you can go to guest services OR just give your mom the money for her to hand out.

3. Each time. The general "accepted" is $1 per tray. You can give more or less, but there is nothing offensive about giving $1 per tray. You simply hand it to them after they bring in your food and say "thank you".

Tips are based on a per person package. We plan to pay for both of ourselves and our 11 year old. Do we still have to provide a tip for our 1 year old?

Will you 1 yr old produce messes? (maybe more than an adult or older child?) Use a diaper genie that needs emptied? Have a crib that needs changed, set up, moved around? Need bottles/food warmed? To me, an infant requires more than an 11 yr old might.

Yes, you should tip.

Archived