Dune Buggy Exploration & Beach

pylant

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting ready to do the same thing in April. I don't think that it will be like jumping over sand dunes or anything. If you go to funshipisland.com, there is a section where you can get a small preview of the dune buggy. check it out.

let me know if you hear anything.

If this is the "Beach buggy break" from RCCL it should be renamed the "Beach Buggy Break Down". Did this and three of seven buggy's broke down on the tour, kinda ruined the trip, I would avoid this excursion IF it's the same one.

• 2 years later...

It was a 45 minute drive to the ruins so take a hat or you will be beat up by the wind. Our dune buggy kept dying every time we came to a stop. Our friends in front of us had their gas pedal get stuck once. The guide was funny but at end of tour he pretty much asked for $50-100 tip, which we refused to give. The Reef Club Resort was okay. Pool was nice. Beach smelled awful so we did not get in the water. Found some nice shells though. And as a last note, there is an "open" bar at the resort but we were told after signing in for the tour that we would not be allowed any alcohol at the resort. They put a bracelet on you so the bartenders know not to serve you any alcohol. You would be better off just getting off at the pier and doing the Corona Beach. It looked pretty nice to me.

On arriving back in Progreso, we dropped off the dune buggy and walked through a "market", boarded a public bus that took us back to the pier but we only had 30 minutes to look around the shops at the pier before we had to board the ship.

I would rather have had 2 days in Cozumel than this 1 day in Progreso. We had fun but just did not think the excursion we did was worth the $289 we paid for the 3 of us. Progreso is not a place I would feel safe walking around.. We did see a burned out car on the side of the road on the highway to the ruins. Makes you wonder what happened there?

• 1 year later...

anyone considering dune buggy tours, FYI there was a fatality in cozumel in the last 24 hours. Not trying to sound alarming, as accidents can happen with or without a dune buggy... I'm just saying, dune buggies have no air bags, no roof, no doors, no safety, nothing but maybe a seat belt, if that..... i would consider ANYTHING but a dune buggy unless i've been driving one for the last 40 years already... have YOU? At the very least, wait to book your dune buggy tour until the investigation is finished on the how and why this Orlando couple was killed on their dune buggy tour..... Re: WESH-2 News Orlando: Orlando Couple killed in Dune buggy accident in Cozumel, while cruising on the Liberty of the Seas... it was something 'of the seas'.... Cruise Safe, friends...

• 2 months later...
anyone considering dune buggy tours, FYI there was a fatality in cozumel in the last 24 hours. Not trying to sound alarming, as accidents can happen with or without a dune buggy... I'm just saying, dune buggies have no air bags, no roof, no doors, no safety, nothing but maybe a seat belt, if that..... i would consider ANYTHING but a dune buggy unless i've been driving one for the last 40 years already... have YOU? At the very least, wait to book your dune buggy tour until the investigation is finished on the how and why this Orlando couple was killed on their dune buggy tour..... Re: WESH-2 News Orlando: Orlando Couple killed in Dune buggy accident in Cozumel, while cruising on the Liberty of the Seas... it was something 'of the seas'.... Cruise Safe, friends...

if people stopped doing things just cus someone once died doing it, no one would ever do anything. car accidents happen every day and people die, yet we all still drive. not a reason to NOT try the trip. i think it sounds fun and it intrigued me when i read about the excursion..

Archived