Creaking rooms on the Glory!

dvdgunner

Has anyone else have there room creak so bad that they cant sleep!!!!

Are room 6463 on the 2/16/08 sailing was like that. Also are neighbors said the same thing. The seas were rough but what a hunk of junk. I hope the hull doesnt creak also!!!!

were you on the same cruise? it was rough in the first half after Nassau. also maybe it was because we were on the back of the ship. I have heard that it is roughest back there. I guess in the future dont book there! Besides the creaking room the ship was very nice.

I guess thats the answer!!!!!!!!! Spend $3000 for a weeks stay but bring earplugs!!!!! I guess being on NCL RCCL & Disney and never needing earplugs on the previous 8 cruises we went on. I guess im just trying to warn people.

I've been in some creaking rooms before. It bothered me a little. I'm a light sleeper with very good hearing. It didn't bother my husband a bit. He always uses ear plugs... not for creaking rooms, but for the dreaded slamming doors and loud conversations in the hall. By the way, do you mean you spent $3000.00 per person for a 7 day cruise?:eek:

no 4 people.

I've been in some creaking rooms before. It bothered me a little. I'm a light sleeper with very good hearing. It didn't bother my husband a bit. He always uses ear plugs... not for creaking rooms, but for the dreaded slamming doors and loud conversations in the hall. By the way, do you mean you spent $3000.00 per person for a 7 day cruise?:eek:

were you on the same cruise?

NO - i was a week later

2-23-08 thru 3-1-08

and i was more in the middle of the ship

i have motion issues, so DH made sure we were 'middle-ish'

Just want to make it clear we did enjoy the ship it was beautiful, sevice great etc. etc. I was just wondering if anyone else heard this. maybe it was just a bad cabin or maybe rats were running around up ther. LOL

Never know could have been bildge rats! We had a stowaway cricket on our Legend cruise last fall and he chirped every night. The first few nights I thought it was the AC squeaking then found a fat cricket on the balcony. By then I figured he was having the time of his life and let him continue to chirp!:)

Creaking?

I have stayed on the aft of most of my cruises and never heard creaking. We did have some shuddering/vibration due to rough waters on our first Liberty cruise. (that weather was crazy and cold too)

The aft is not for everyone. Especially those who are prone to motionsicknesses.

This is the first time I ever heard of a creaking sound.

Now that is really funny!!!!!! I guess quit your complaining it could have been worse!! hope you killed the cricket i know i would have!

Actually NO we did not kill it I figured how many crickets have gone from Tampa to the Caymans,Cozumel,Belize,Honduras and back to tampa? He must have found bugs or something to eat he was pretty fat and happy.:p

Just want to make it clear we did enjoy the ship it was beautiful, sevice great etc. etc. I was just wondering if anyone else heard this. maybe it was just a bad cabin or maybe rats were running around up ther. LOL

We have experience this type of noise on a HAL ship, but it was coming from the overhead bunk that was stowed away. If I pushed on the ceiling where the bunk folded into, the noise went away. I steer clear of any room that sleeps 4 now. :D

We had the creaking on our Conquest cruise. This is the only cruise so far that I have heard that. And yes, it was fairly loud and annoying!! But as the previous poster said, we had bunks in the ceiling and fianlly figured out the noise was coming from them. We tried pulling them down and putting back up but it did no good-we had creaking all week!!

I must be the only one who likes the noises the ship makes when sailing through the seas late at night. It makes me think about the many sailors through the years and the sounds they must have heard on the wooden ships back in those days. Of course, some of the noise WOULD have been rats running around. :p

cruise_pirate, thanks for not killing the cricket. ;)

Ms B

Actually NO we did not kill it I figured how many crickets have gone from Tampa to the Caymans,Cozumel,Belize,Honduras and back to tampa? He must have found bugs or something to eat he was pretty fat and happy.:p

Awww I'm such a softy...I would have done the exact same thing! My Dh and boys would have rolled their eyes:rolleyes: but they know how I am with any Gods creatures...yes including crickets:p

Archived