Sheer Hose Style Report

Jane110

I posted this on another hose thread but it bears worth repeating...

On an 80 degree day in S. FLA I attended a church service of all Jamaicans..followed by a lovely picnic outdoors after...every woman in that church from toddlers to elderly women were wearing either hose, tights, stockings..and there must have been at least 100 women...and they wore dresses....my guess is that those women also wore hose to their services in Jamaica (so yes they probably wear hose even in the Carribean..so if the natives do then it debunks the myth that "nobody" wears hose in the carribean. Better said, "the americans don't".

Interesting to me was the myriads of patterns, styles, colors..and they wore various kinds of shoes also..sandles, open toe, closed toe, etc.

Maybe culture has something to do with the hose v no hose look. I go to court sometimes and see attorneys in high fashion power suits and they look less professional and polished,, and sometimes down right tacky... but that's my opinion.

Now how come the same philosiphy about hose v no hose isn't applied to bras! Could you imagine!!!!

I think hose under dresses are a more polished look too. Not with sun dresses or denim skirts, etc, but with others.

Paris was just fabulous! It's always warmer than NY, but this was exceptional. Sunny, warm and about 50 degree's. People were having lunches in outdoor cafe's. People were starting to wear some spring colors (lots of orange) and btw, I didn't see one bare leg. Legs were covered in black opaque tights or sheer hose.

I saw the Christian Lacroix fashion exhibition which was exceptional!

Very curious about this tape. Can you be specific? I had the same sliding-out problem. Thanks.

I take wide packing tape and loop it so the sticky side is on the outside of the loop.

I stick the loop in the sole of my shoe at the heel. Tape sticks to hose or foot and keeps my feet from sliding out of my shoes.

Be careful when you take your shoes off that you don't peel your insole off your shoe and that you don't ruin your shoes.

Double sided tape will also work but I don't like it as well as duct tape.

I'm also on a wine board, though I personally don't drink white wines. I don't go into a middle of a discussion about Sauvignon Blanc and say, "Who cares? I only drink reds". :)

This was such a nice way to make a point that is sometimes necessary on these boards. May I have your permission to "borrow" this?

Aww, and can't you just give my Pinot Grigio another try..? tee-hee ;)

I likes 'em BOTH!

I take wide packing tape and loop it so the sticky side is on the outside of the loop..........

So do you prefer the packing tape or duct tape? Actually, we do pack a roll of duct tape in our cruise luggage. John is a heating A/C mastermind & goes nowhere without it. ;) :D

Thanks for the ideas.

The word "hose" is a shortened form of hosiery just as bra is a shortened form of braziere and pants came from pantaloons.

and Blouse comes from Blouson. (oh and the correct spelling is brassiere)

Just saw photo's from the Paris Chanel show, (suits are back ladies!) and the biggest "must buy" in Paris???

The Chanel hose that are semi-opaque in the front and semi-opaque in the back. Tongues are wagging!

I tried doing a net search to post a photo, but none exist yet. But be on the watch for them next fall.

You heard it here first!!! ;)

The word "hose" is a shortened form of hosiery just as bra is a shortened form of braziere and pants came from pantaloons.

Yes, my mother always said hosiery but even then, it still gave me the same mental image.:)

I take wide packing tape and loop it so the sticky side is on the outside of the loop.

I stick the loop in the sole of my shoe at the heel. Tape sticks to hose or foot and keeps my feet from sliding out of my shoes.

Be careful when you take your shoes off that you don't peel your insole off your shoe and that you don't ruin your shoes.

I got some sticky-ish clear gel inserts (they are only about as big as the ball of the foot, not a whole insole) that keep my feet from sliding around in my shoes when I wear tights. They can be removed and reused in different shoes without damaging the tights or the shoes, and they are only about 5 bucks for two pair. :)

http://www.shoesonashoestring.com/ProductPage.aspx?Style=GELBOFCUSH.D0.SOF&colorcode=ACCESSORY&dept=HANDBAGS/ACCESSORIES&brand=SOFSOLE/IMPLUS&isFromCart=False&iscoupon=false&couponprice=0.00

I'm sooo confused, please explain.:o :confused:

Good heavens, of course you're confused. I left out the vital information!!!! :D Sorry about that. I had typed it up and then retyped it and left out the most important aspect in the retype! duh!!!

The hosiery are semi-sheer WHITE in the front of the leg and semi-sheer BLACK on the back of the leg. I couldn't tell by the photo's if there's a seam on the sides where they're sewn together or if there one piece that have gone though 2 dying processes. But they do look great!

Again, sorry for my brain taking a little vakay!

Good heavens, of course you're confused. I left out the vital information!!!! :D Sorry about that. I had typed it up and then retyped it and left out the most important aspect in the retype! duh!!!

The hosiery are semi-sheer WHITE in the front of the leg and semi-sheer BLACK on the back of the leg. I couldn't tell by the photo's if there's a seam on the sides where they're sewn together or if there one piece that have gone though 2 dying processes. But they do look great!

Again, sorry for my brain taking a little vakay!

THANK YOU for confirming I haven't lost it completely.:) I kept thinking that maybe you meant semi-opaque in the front and opaque in the back but NEVER imagined it could be two different colors. No wonder tongues are wagging.

Archived