Superb Alternative to ships excursion

cruzfool

Many years ago we took the plunge on the first ever visit of the Norwegian Star to spend the day in Roatan by going to the undeveloped East end of the Island to the paya bay resort. This past week we returned to spend a whole week there and I just wanted to remind everyone about this beautiful alternative.

This part of the island will appeal to those who like unspoiled beaches, hotel owners who will take pride in your enjoyment of the visit.

I reccommend only for those seeking an escape from the hussle and bussle of the west end, who crave a beach to themselves, and a bar/restaurant with a breathtaking cliff top view. They'll pick you up and take you back to the ship for a small cost compared to a ships excursion.

email me for contact info

2bqueencruzbee@sbcglobal.net

• 11 years later...

If you are on a cruise to Rotan Honduras and only have one day, do not hesitate to devote it to Little French Island. My cruise line did not offer this tour. We found it on Trip Advisor and booked it through Shore Fox. We had no issues being picked up on time, and receiving such friendly and professional service to the island. We were provided a taxi with a driver that spent the 30 minute drive giving a nice tour of the island on the way. You are dropped at a dock where a bright colored pontoon and driver take you 3 minutes across to the island. He blows a conch shell to mark the arrival to Little French Island. (So Cool). We went there to snorkel. It is so much more. There is a tiny private zoo, lobster, shrimp and chicken dinner, several different reefs to snorkel from. New and professional equipment to snorkel, kayaks, boogie boards. This place has a hundred things for kids!! No charge for all the extras. Bar service was very polite and nice. The zoo keeper became the highlight of our entire week. Never in a million years did I expect him to let my children have encounters with a variety of exotic pets on this little island. He was kind, friendly and wanted to teach children about wild animals and the safe ways to handle them. He even took the photos for us!! Thanks Ronnie!! I know this employee was just trying to make a fun time for my two children- but he ended up being the highlight of our family’s entire 7 day cruise.

Many years ago we took the plunge on the first ever visit of the Norwegian Star to spend the day in Roatan by going to the undeveloped East end of the Island to the paya bay resort. This past week we returned to spend a whole week there and I just wanted to remind everyone about this beautiful alternative.

This part of the island will appeal to those who like unspoiled beaches, hotel owners who will take pride in your enjoyment of the visit.

I reccommend only for those seeking an escape from the hussle and bussle of the west end, who crave a beach to themselves, and a bar/restaurant with a breathtaking cliff top view. They'll pick you up and take you back to the ship for a small cost compared to a ships excursion.

email me for contact info

The very best possible way to get hacked or have heaps of spam in your mailbox is to post your email address.

There is no reason to email you for contact info. Paya Bay has a web site with info about day trips HERE!

Archived