Empty fridges

suzimack

I think our balcony room on the Gem has a fridge but someone said they fill it with mini-bar supplies that one has to pay for. Idon't want that stuff in my room. I do want the fridge empty though and wonder if I can ask the ship coordinator in advance to have it empty BEFORE we board...anybody know about this? susan

I think our balcony room on the Gem has a fridge but someone said they fill it with mini-bar supplies that one has to pay for. Idon't want that stuff in my room. I do want the fridge empty though and wonder if I can ask the ship coordinator in advance to have it empty BEFORE we board...anybody know about this? susan

What we did was leave a note for our room stewards and the fridge was emptied when they came and did the turndown service the 1st evening. You are not charged for anything until you consume it.

You might try emailing them but it may or may not be done.

while you always ask the ships coordinator, they really aren't set up to do this. What we did on the Gem was ask the Steward when we boarded and it was empty when we returned from lunch....not a problem really.

This is a little off-topic, but I knew you guys would find it interesting. As the P of Hawaii sailed to LA from Honolulu, our bar fridge was locked due to "inventory." We didn't care because we wouldn't use it anyway.

But one night we were sitting in the cabin, talking about how the cabin could sleep 4. My sister wondered if the sofa pulled out like a futon or like a sleeper sofa and voila! we discovered all the booze and other stuff that was removed from the fridge! It was in pillowcases and hidden under the sofa cushions. We had adjoining cabins, so ran next door to my mom's, and she had tons of booze in hers, too.

We asked our cabin steward about it and he said they put it there instead of taking it to a central spot. Good thing we are honest, although there was one night when I might have popped a can of Pringles.

Viv

When we booked a bon voyage gift we requested that the mini fridge be empty, and the woman who was taking our order told us that she thought they were already empty.

another example of the shore side people not having the story right...My story was about the Gem and the fridge was full....

ktpc: where do I get a link to the Gems bridgecam? Thanks!

missty

You go to NCL.com and go to the ship's description page. Then click on the view web cam link. When you see the webcam picture come up, right click on the picture and click properties. Then you will see the address of the picture, you copy that and put it in your profile as a picture. This can be done for any ship that has a webcam.

Where are some of the ships today:

fullsize.jpg

fullsize.jpg

The Gem's link address is

http://164.109.173.40/shipcams/gemcam/fullsize.jpg

Have fun on the Gem, I was on her second full voyage, she is beautiful.

Archived