Parking in Galveston

4PTCruiserz

So, I'm wondering how this could be faster than walking to your own car after the cruise. Can you explain further? I was planning on parking at the port and would like to know how catching a shuttle van to a remote lot is faster.....

Thanks for your insight!!!

He's probably talking about all the congestion at the pier when you're disembarking. Lots and lots of congestion.

bktx1- EZ cruise has a shuttle with a wheelchair lift. We are going on Conquest 5/18 and my hubby will have his power chair and they told me that they could take him as they had a shuttle with a lift. Happy cruising!!!!!!!

bktx1- EZ cruise has a shuttle with a wheelchair lift. We are going on Conquest 5/18 and my hubby will have his power chair and they told me that they could take him as they had a shuttle with a lift. Happy cruising!!!!!!!

You're getting on the Conquest when I'm getting off...can I stash away in your luggage?

Irskill, sure the more the merrier. Cannot wait - our first on Conquest. Everyone says it is a great ship and I don't see too many negatives about it so that's a good sigh. We've been on Princess and RCCL twice but this is our first on Carnival. Happy cruising.........

Irskill, sure the more the merrier. Cannot wait - our first on Conquest. Everyone says it is a great ship and I don't see too many negatives about it so that's a good sigh. We've been on Princess and RCCL twice but this is our first on Carnival. Happy cruising.........

WAHOO! I can do a back to back cruise that way!

• 4 weeks later...

Just be careful where you park. We parked at a budget lot once and after we returned to our vehicle we found that ¾ tank of fuel out of my Expedition was siphoned off.

If you were going to park at the pier I would use Light House http://www.lighthouseparking.org. We parked there in March when we went on our last cruise. They transport you and your luggage to and from the pier and there is someone to help with the bags.

So for those of us that are driving in the day of cruise. What time is the best time to arrive at EZ Cruise? Want to avoid the departing passengers but beat some of the arriving ones ;)

So for those of us that are driving in the day of cruise. What time is the best time to arrive at EZ Cruise? Want to avoid the departing passengers but beat some of the arriving ones ;)

We drive and typically arrive before 11AM. The experience at EZ Cruise has been different every time.

Is it best to reserve parking at one of the parking lots in Galveston, or is there plenty of parking for all??

We won't get to Galveston till 1:30 or 2:00 for our departure time of 4pm.

Didn't know if spaces were first come first serve, or if they would even fill up.

What are the specifics on these lots? Location, Price, Security, Reservation,etc.

I would rather just arrive and decide where I want to park vs. reservation with somewhere I'm not familiar. Unless it will cause a problem with availability of course.

Thanks for your input.

We are using EZ Cruise parking and paying $50 by booking online as opposed to $70 if you drive up and park for a 7 day cruise. You park and they take you and your bags to the terminal. After the cruise they are there to take you back to your car. The website is ezcruiseparking.com

• 1 month later...
Guest carlogesualdo

Looks like I posted prematurely. I remember we parked there for our last cruise. Had no trouble getting to our ship on time. We had to wait a really long time for the shuttle going back to the lot after the cruise, though. But our car was still there, in one piece, all gas still in the tank. Maybe you should consider running most of the gas out your tank before you park it there if you're worried about it? Or just buy a locking gas cap. I seem to remember there's a really tall fence around the lot with razor-wire at the top, so no one's getting in while you're gone except the employees. Just make sure you don't leave anything in your car unnecessarily, and anything else goes in the trunk, out of sight. No trunk? Cover it with a blanket or a towel.

We use Lighthouse and have had great success with them. We are using again in September. I think either will be OK. At Lighthouse, $30 for 5 day cruise booked online. We drove through their gate, showed print out reservation form and that was that. Nice vans/bus to shuttle you back and forth. They loaded and unload our luggage. We had no waiting at the parking lot before they took us to the terminal. When they unloaded they found us a porter who took care of everything else. They may have let us off at the end but the walk must not have been far because I didn't notice it at the time and can't remember it now. We'll continue to use Lighthouse mainly because our first experience with them was very pleasant and very smooth.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived