cruise port question

Vanilla

We were notified by our TA today that the Embassy Suites on 17th street no longer will offer van service from their hotel to the cruise port - nor from airport to hotel :mad: . We have stayed there before and really like the hotel, however, I am also not opposed to going to another hotel in the same area (grocery store/liquor store within walking distance) that offers transportation. Anyone know of the cost of taxi fare in the Fort Lauderdale area? Anyone know of the hotels that are beside the Embassy on 17th street? Thanks.

The Hyatt Place (old Amerisuites) still offers a free shuttle. To be honest, the convienance of a cab is better than a shuttle IMHO. I would say the $7 estimate is about right. It's a little higher on busy port days as it's metered.

We have stayed at the Holiday Inn express on 17th. Free shuttle from the airport.

Taxi to the cruise port is around $10 + tip.

The prices on 17th have really shot up over the last couple of years. However, it's a great location.

Charlie

Although most of the hotels in that area used to always provide shuttle service, I can think of only one trip we actually used it. The price for a taxi to the port is so little, it was much nicer than waiting for your turn with the shuttle.

Since Amerisuites turned into the Hyatt Place, I have also heard some very nice things about it, and they still offer the free shuttle. They are right around the corner from the Embassy Suites. Although, I agree, the Embassy Suites is still our favorite for a pre-night hotel in FLL.

We were notified by our TA today that the Embassy Suites on 17th street no longer will offer van service from their hotel to the cruise port - nor from airport to hotel :mad: . We have stayed there before and really like the hotel, however, I am also not opposed to going to another hotel in the same area (grocery store/liquor store within walking distance) that offers transportation. Anyone know of the cost of taxi fare in the Fort Lauderdale area? Anyone know of the hotels that are beside the Embassy on 17th street? Thanks.
The Renaissance is really close to the port. I don't think they offer free shuttle to the port but like others have said a taxi is so much more convenient and cheap.

No airport transportation but they do have a Cruise Package - quoted from their web site

"Cruise Package

Embassy Suites Hotel® Ft. Lauderdale - 17th St

This package includes overnight accommodations and transportation for two to Port Everglades. There is an additional charge per person in each suite."

No airport transportation but they do have a Cruise Package - quoted from their web site

"Cruise Package

Embassy Suites Hotel® Ft. Lauderdale - 17th St

This package includes overnight accommodations and transportation for two to Port Everglades. There is an additional charge per person in each suite."

I believe that most of the hotels on 17th have shuttle service available for a fee.

It seems that it's $10 or more per person though so it's no saving over the cost of a cab. Plus you have to load up everyone and make drops a multiple ships.

Charlie

Archived