Scrapbooking stores in Alaska?

fundayz

To all my fellow scrappers, have you found a great store to get things for your vacation scrapbook while in port or traveling on a land tour?

I am looking forward to making this scrapbook after returning.

To all my fellow scrappers, have you found a great store to get things for your vacation scrapbook while in port or traveling on a land tour?

I am looking forward to making this scrapbook after returning.

I do not do scrapbooks, but I recalled seeing an ad in the Juneau Guide and Travel planner that I was reading the other day so I looked it up. Here's the link, hope it helps :)

http://www.thecreatingplace.com/

We were on HAL Zuiderdam in August '07, and they even had a scrapbook and a scrapbook kit at the photo shop.

Then I think there was scrapbook stuff in just about every souvenir shop we went into. From small kits, to large kits, to packs of paper, you name it they had it.

We saw them in Juneau, Skagway, Anchorage and even at Denali Park (at the McKinley Chalet gift store and at the train depot).

You won't lack for scrapbooking items. I don't really scrapbook, but I did buy the scrapbook on the ship for the large photos taken on-board.

I can't wait to shop!!! You can never have too many embellishments when you begin to put those pages together.

Thanks for all the info and great sites. I may even mail order some prior to sailing, so I they don't get wrinkled in my suitcase. Happy Scrapping!

I have ordered before from (ww.scrapyourtrip.com). They have a variety of papers and embelishments for all different kinds of trips. They had paper for every country we visited on our Baltic/Scandinavian Cruisetour which included Paris/Brussels/Amsterdam.

Like FunLuv'n, I too have purchased from www.TropicalScrapbooking.com . I know tropical doesn't sound like Alaska but they have a large selection of Alaska paper, embellishements and many fun things. Great quality and service both.

Another place you might check is for a scrapbooking convention in your area. I was recently visiting my best friend as well as my brother's family in So. California and got the opportunity to go to a scrapbooking expo in Orange County. I was able to find Alaska things that I had not seen anywhere before.

Thank you for posting the info on scrapbook places we can visit while we are in Alaska in June.

Just 90 days until we sail.

I have ordered from both of those places, also. I actually bought quite a bit of stuff (paper and embellishments) for my mom and I right before Christmas. This way, when we get back from Alaska, all we have to do is print our pictures and start scrapbooking. I hope I can find some other stuff between now and our trip, or even on our trip.

By the way, one of the reasons that I have bought some stuff in advance is because I really don't want to have to purchase paper on our trip and have to try and get it home safely. Paper bends so easily. But I figured I would bring a 12x12 paper holder and put 2 heavy pieces of cardboard in it and put it in my suitcase just in case I find some paper on our trip.

Michele

I picked up some supplies in one of the stores on Ketchikan's main street right across from where the ships docked. It was one of the tourist/drug store type places, but they had some nice packaged sets that included some die cuts, stickers, "postage stamps", etc. that included pictures of a couple of our excursions.

I've also used both the mail order sites mentioned above and had good luck with things from them. Now all I need to do is get myself back into scrapbooking mode and actually use them!

Most of the curio stores sell some sort of Alaskan themed scrapbooking packets, also in Ketchikan try Tongass Business Center which is located on Dock Street across from the public library/Tongass Historical Museum. Even though it's primarily an office supply store, they carry a lot of scrapbooking materials.

Scrap Your Trip has been great for me too. They have some beautiful Alaska papers (including for cities in AK) and AK Cruise stuff. I have not tried the other site, but will be looking at all the locations you all mentioned. Thanks from another scrapper!

There is a very good scrapbooking store downtown Juneau. I asked at the information center and they directed me. Had some great unique sets including large names of the local cities. Might be the one mentioned at the top of this post, not sure!

Also, as previously mentioned, in Ketchikan the office supply store has a good selection. They even have some paper designed by a local artist with the Tlinglet animals. BTW, I lost $20 in that store, if you find it, send it my way! :o

Enjoy!

Hi Ladies,

I'm not sure if you will be traveling through Wasilla, Alaska, but I have a scrapbook store with many Alaska specific items. We're stocking up for our visiting customers and you may purchase directly from our website as soon as we load all the new product in. All items should be on the website towards the end of April. We enjoy gabbing with visitors so check us out if your in town!

Sincerely,

Layla

http://www.TheMadScrapper.biz

Hi Ladies,

I'm not sure if you will be traveling through Wasilla, Alaska, but I have a scrapbook store with many Alaska specific items. We're stocking up for our visiting customers and you may purchase directly from our website as soon as we load all the new product in. All items should be on the website towards the end of April. We enjoy gabbing with visitors so check us out if your in town!

Sincerely,

Layla

www.TheMadScrapper.biz

Looking forward to seeing your stuff online! I prefer to buy Alaskan when possible.

Just curious, does anyone here do digital scrapbooking? I'm having so much trouble getting going on my pictures from our last 3 cruises that I'm thinking of going that route. Any pros/cons??

I haven't tried digital scrapbooking yet, because I like scrapbooking in a group it's sort of a social thing for me, but if it gets your pictures done and in an album I don't think it is a bad thing. You would certainly have alot less supplies to store!

Archived