QV - Shuttle Buses?

SailingCableBeach

Hi

I am booked on the QV from Dubai to Southampton later this month.

Are there likely to be any shuttle buses organised by the QV going in to the cities we visit?

Many thanks for any help.

Try going to the threads for the specific ports and ask there. I got better info on Zeebrugge that way than I got from the tour office aboard QE2.

SailingCableBeach --

Have you been on the CC roll call for this group? We're also getting on the QV in Dubai. The roll call isn't very active right now because most of the people are already on/have been on the ship. Anyway, I believe there will be a CC gathering at 10:30 a.m. (or maybe it's 11) the morning after we board her. My house is being rehabbed after some rain damage a couple of months ago, so I haven't been on the boards very much recently. I may not be up to date, and you may already have connected with the others. Hope you can join us!

Cathy (and Bob)

Are there likely to be any shuttle buses organised by the QV going in to the cities we visit?

Yes, they are.

Depending on the port basically four different situations can be found:

- The ship docks (or tenders) close to the city. No shuttle needed, you can just walk of, e.g. Naples, Cannes, Rhodes.

- The ship docks too far away to walk or it is not allowed to walk through the port, but the city centre is right there. Cunard or the port provide a shuttle to the ports entrance, examples are Malaga and depending on the exact dock Barcelona.

- There is a small distance between the port and the city centre. Cunard provides a free shuttle into the centre, e.g. Lisbon.

- The most visited city is far away from the port city, e.g. Rome from Civitavecchia. For the port city one of the above solutions apply. To get to the main attraction Cunard offers a transfer only excursion. Yet this needs to be booked as tour and is quite costly. Often public transportation is a better alternative.

Thanks everyone for your help.

I have also now checked out the port section - I hadn't actually referred to that part of cruise critic and it is most informative.

Hi Cathy and Bob

I haven't been checking the Roll Call recently but would love to meet up at a CC get together on board and meet you. I am pretty much a novice cruiser and just am so excited about our departure.

Jane

Archived