Pirate Ship Adventure Excursion

tradingspaces

Can anyone give me their opinion on this excursion in PV. We have seen this excursion and it really sounded like everyone was having a great time. I have also heard it can be a bit rough. Is the food good? Any comments are appreciated. Thanks

Laura

Can anyone give me their opinion on this excursion in PV. We have seen this excursion and it really sounded like everyone was having a great time. I have also heard it can be a bit rough. Is the food good? Any comments are appreciated. Thanks

Laura

The food is good, the drinks are typical free drinks and yes it can be rough. We had a fun time on this last november

I did the pirate ship in PV 2 years ago in October. I took my two boys who were 10 and 7. This was probably one of the best cruise booked excursions I have ever been on. The crew as unbelievable and because of that, people were tipping like crazy at the end of the day. They put on a wonderful show and there are contests for the kids both on the ship and on the island. We were able to do banana boats and kayak while ashore. They served both a breakfast on the way out and lunch on the way back, which was very good.

I would recommend this to you even if you do not have kids.

CaliforniaRedHead

well I am very disappointed about it as I was going to book it for this May and heard that it go to drydock:mad:

As we are going with Disney Cruise as we are from Scotland as my kids were looking forward to and now heard that is cancelled:(

Scottishwee35

I did the Pirate excursion a few years ago also. I loved it and the boys had the time of their lives. We also have done the Rythms of the Night which was a real exciting excursion for the kids. You are taken by boat over to an island that is lit by torches to have dinner and watch a show. It was great fun.

I am so jealous that you are in Scotland. I wanted to go this summer for the festival but with the value of the US dollar being in the toilet these days, I will have to wait until I can afford it better. I have family that is depressed we aren't coming, but our ecomony is pretty bad these days so they have to understand.

• 2 weeks later...
I did the pirate ship in PV 2 years ago in October. I took my two boys who were 10 and 7. This was probably one of the best cruise booked excursions I have ever been on. The crew as unbelievable and because of that, people were tipping like crazy at the end of the day. They put on a wonderful show and there are contests for the kids both on the ship and on the island. We were able to do banana boats and kayak while ashore. They served both a breakfast on the way out and lunch on the way back, which was very good.

I would recommend this to you even if you do not have kids.

CaliforniaRedHead

What is the name of the company/tour?? booked through the ship or on your own??

grammacassi

I was really looking forward to this excusion. Unfortunately, the ship will be in dry dock for my May cruise. This is the response I received from them: "Thank you for your preference, but the Marigalante Pirate Ship will be under maitenance on April 12, getting back with our two daily tours, "Pirates of the Bay" and "Pirate Land" on May 25, 2008."

Lisa

Does the cruise ship RCCL and the Margilante go out of the same pier or will we have to take a cab to the margilante pirate ship? The price difference is about $42 between the cruiseline and the website but convenience is also a factor.

Any info would be appreciated!

yes, it is the same pier, not even a 5 minute walk. I did this tour lastr december when my nephew of 4 come down. It is a really nice tour with children.

I would book directly with them if I where you.

Thank you! I appreciate the info. I will book directly with the ship. Has anyone else done it through the website? Easy to do? Just don't want surprises and disappointment for my little boy. Thanks!:)

Ok - just looked at the website and a little concerned. It says it leaves at 8a but we don't get in until 8a. Also, if we miss the tour for any reason, no refund will be given. It is more expensive through the cruiseline but....if we're late and the tour leaves or if the ship doesn't make it there for any reason, my $$ will be refunded.

I may have to think about this a bit more.:confused:

My husband and I did this tour, the night time one when we sailed the Pride. We had a BLAST!!!!! It wasn't real rough but definitely rolling a bit. I don't get motion sickness but hubby does. But he took ginger tablets the whole week we were on the cruise and did just fine. Food was pretty good. Show was excellent! For more info and pictures visit my Pride page listed in my signature....

• 2 months later...
I was looking to do the nightime tour (I will be in PV at an AI). When the website states all inclusive, does it mean adult beverages as well?

Yes it does! Before you ever step on the ship they have a tray of beers, pina coladas and margaritas for you! The mixed drinks are over ice though....not blended. They are very generous with the beverages....we had a blast! You can see pics from the pirate ship and read my review by clicking on the Pride link in my signature....

I went on the Daytime Pirate ship excursion with my best friend and was extremely excited to be able to be on a Pirate ship. When they greeted us at the dock, they were friendly and one had a parrot on his shoulder and let us take pictures with him. The Pirate ship is really beautiful, and it is a replica of one of the Spanish ships that Christopher Columbus came over on. I think it was the Nina, but don't quote me on that, as it has been 2 years since I went. The breakfast they served in the galley of the ship, was not very good at all, eggs, tortilla, and some concentrated juice, maybe some bacon, the eggs I remember reminded me of powdered eggs. We ate while it was at dock, and because we were in the belly of the ship the rocking was pretty intense. Drinks were aplenty. I'm not a drinker but people were starting to get plastered early in the morning, and they seemed to be able to fight off any nausea from the rocking. The breakfast didn't help. I had already taken a sea sickness pill, as well as my girlfriend. The crew had a very entertaining show and there was a group of us that got up and danced, about 20 minutes into the trek out to sea, but....then you could hear people start to puke from the top deck, and it sort of went down hill from there. My girlfriend sat on the benches and I watched her turn greener and greener. I thought if I kept trying to dance and keep my mind off of it, then I wouldn't get nauseus. The crew men not in the show were rushing everywhere with plastic bags and dramamine pills. My girlfriend grabbed a bag and filled it up, and that was it for me. Hearing the barfing sounds, and the smells I practically fell off the ship trying to get my head over the side. Like I said the crew must have been used to it, because I had some poor fellow holding my hair back and even had a towel waiting for me. Nothing is better then chumming with friends. I really think the last ones standing were the ones plastered. The liquor was free by the way lol. We eventually ended up on a little island to snorkle or go on the banana boats, ooooh and there were jelly fish. Quite a few people got stung. I just stayed on the beach trying to recover, and hung out with the pirates. My girlfriend and I paid and extra 20 bucks along with about 15 other people and begged for them to take us back on their speedboat to PV so we wouldn't have to go back on the ship. We were so..happy to be back in PV, and ended up enjoying a nice lunch, on the ship, and went to a local Mexican restaurant that night that a local recommended. Best Mexican food I've ever had. Would I ever try it again, not in a million, zillion years. :)

Archived