Enough time to see Nevis?

MB02132

Hello, we will be on the Crown Princess which stops in St. Kitt's from 7A-3P. Is that enough time to see a beach/snorkeling on Nevis? After you get off the ferry in Nevis, how far to the nearest beach?

Thanks!

The ferry trip is about 45 min each way and the cost is about $ 16 r/t per person. You could catch the 8 am ferry, get a taxi & head to Pinney's Beach. There are several beach bars there.

Hello, we will be on the Crown Princess which stops in St. Kitt's from 7A-3P. Is that enough time to see a beach/snorkeling on Nevis? After you get off the ferry in Nevis, how far to the nearest beach?

Thanks!

I too have been thinking about Nevis and the timing. If I'm correct, you'll have to catch the 1pm ferry to return. Can someone who has done this please confirm and won't it be very crowded:confused: Thanks!

Taking the ferry to Nevis and back by cruisers is not common. We have visited St Kitts several times a year and take the ferry to Nevis & back on each trip. The ferries are not crowded except for the early ferry(7AM) and the late afternoon ferry(5PM).

What about taking an organized ship's excursion--they have one to a botanical garden which I guess involves ferrying over as a group...My main question is how long is the trip over & back--to see how much actual time we would have on Nevis, The price of the excurison is much more than the ferry. Also is this a calm area that the ferry travels in? We really want to see Nevis....Thanks

The ferry trip is 45 min each way. It is about a 15 min drive to the Botanical Gardens from the ferry terminal. The ferry ride is generally calm. The ferry will stay close to shore along the SE Peninsula if it is windy. The Narrows between St Kitts & Nevis can be rough if it is very windy, but it is just a short trip across that before being protected by land again.

Thanks!

I think the only drawback maybe that we have to catch the 1PM ferry to return as there is not another ferry until 4:confused:

Can anyone confirm? Thanks!

Archived