Is there a pop card on DCL?

Summerfeet

I remember seeing them on the Carnival cruise I was on. Kids wore them around their necks and didn't need to charge their pops. I think it was a flat fee as well.

I know there was there is the free pop at Mickey's pool but would like to buy the pop card if they are available for other areas of the ship.

You don't need a soda card on Disney. The soda is free by the pool and at meals. You can have all you want just don't ask a waiter outside the dining areas or at a bar and it's free. Our dining room waiter would have 2 waiting when my husband sat down and bring him refills all night for nothing. Our kids loved getting what they wanted from the pool dispenser. Hope that helps.

There is no charge for DCL 's 24 hr self serve drink station on deck 9 by the Mickey pool or for soda in the diningrooms or buffet. There is a charge as the previous post mentioned for sodas at any bars or clubs and also through room service. These would be charged to your KTTW card.

My daughter loved the free Shirley Temples with her dinner everynight, along with a big bowl of cherries:)

Have a great cruise!

Not any more.

Previously (until a couple of years ago), you could purchase a Coca Cola sticker that went on your Key to the World card & then anywhere you went i.e. bars on deck, by the theatre or on Castaway Cay, you just showed them your card when you ordered a soda & you got it for free. At that time the drink station on deck 9 did not exist.

Another idea they also tried was cruiseline cups. You bought the cup & after that you got free refills all cruise long. This wasn't one of the best ideas though, as you had to carry the cup around with you & also you could only rinse it out in your stateroom bathroom.

Think the drink station is a good idea, you can always take the drink with you i.e. to the theatre or back to your stateroom & at least soda is free with meals.

Thats what I love about Disney. They may seem more expensive, but they don't nickle and dime you to death with soda cards, fuel surcharges etc.

Amen. I did my best to compare apples to apples. (Obviously this can't be done... but I *TRIED*)

I took my RCCL cruise... added in the things I had to pay for in the "you have to add this and this and this" categories and more expensive drinks, etc.

I took my DCL cruise...

Then I broke them down to per day expenses and total out of pocket expenses. Now you have to add in that I am a Florida resident, so my DCL price is lower than most... but my per day cost on DCL was just BARELY above the RCCL. Not even $10 a day.

I hear ya Poncho. Problem is when we get the daily "why is disney cruise so expensive" thread, chances are its because they didnt bust out an excel spreadsheet like I would! :D

I think RCCL and others do a great job of hiding what is free and what isn't. Wow! Flowrider looks cool but it sure as the sky is blue ain't free.

Archived