Passion available?

Hello Everyone, Passion Island in Cozumel that is ;) , I wanted more info from Carnival cruisers, We just booked the Passion Island tour from an private agent and wondering since it has been cut from the excursions at Carnival if anyone here has tried this and how it went, It sounds AMAZING!!! It is more of a queit secluded island!! I booked using a lady named Carrie who seemed to know her thing and was very quick in responding... I am very pleased so far...

tourcozumel@hotmail.com just in case anyone else wants to go... I can't wait we are do excited just to be going to Cozumel and be on Carnival again, and Oh yea the Inspiration, since its renovations!!

3 weeks to go!!!! WOOHOOO!!

Tina

Ir sounds great, esp w/it being all-inclusive and w/the Mexican buffet. Hopefully others will respond and give some feedback on it. In the meantime, have you looked at tripadvisor.com? There are some awesome reviews of it. I can't wait to see it in person; some have stated that Passion Island (Isla Pasion) is where the first Corona beer commercial was filmed :)

Anyone know why Carnival doesn't offer it anymore? And out of curiosity, how much did Carnival charge? Tina, will they pick up right at the pier or do we have to take a taxi somewhere to meet the tour guide??

I went to Passion Island on an RCCL excursion. It was nice, pretty and yes it included the buffet which I thought was pretty good and SOME drinks. The only problem was that it took to long to get there minimizing the time spent there. Carnival passengers arrived long after we did, and were scheduled to leave shorty after us. So maybe thats why they aren't going there anymore. I don't know. As nice as it was, it wasn't worth the money because time spent there was not long enough.

I am looking forward to going there in June also!

letsgocruz1: Although it is true that Carnival is no longer providing this excursion, you can still get there via private operator. The problem was, when they were negotiating their new contract, they couldn't come to a pricing agreement. (I think Carnival wanted a bigger slice of the pie.) I'm not sure what the charge was for the Jeep or VIP excursions were...but "the Twister" to Passion Island thru Carnival (without food & drinks) was $1 more than what the private operator charges for the same excursion WITH food & drinks! (Sounds like a winner to me!!)

jandjfun: How long did it take for you to get there - and which version of the tour did you take? I know there are 3 different versions of this excursion; one by Jeep, one by bus & boat (the VIP), and then "the Twister" speedboat. I was told that each excursion lasts approx 5 hours total...did you find this to be true? (We are sailing on Carnival, not that it should make a difference.) Would love to hear your input.

We went in dec 06 and was not impressed. There was none of the water toys to use that was promissed. The food was free but you got a "look" if you went back more than once. The beging for tips was not fun. I would never redo this trip. Carnival was smart to drop it.

I am looking forward to going there in June also!

letsgocruz1: Although it is true that Carnival is no longer providing this excursion, you can still get there via private operator. The problem was, when they were negotiating their new contract, they couldn't come to a pricing agreement. (I think Carnival wanted a bigger slice of the pie.) I'm not sure what the charge was for the Jeep or VIP excursions were...but "the Twister" to Passion Island thru Carnival (without food & drinks) was $1 more than what the private operator charges for the same excursion WITH food & drinks! (Sounds like a winner to me!!)

jandjfun: How long did it take for you to get there - and which version of the tour did you take? I know there are 3 different versions of this excursion; one by Jeep, one by bus & boat (the VIP), and then "the Twister" speedboat. I was told that each excursion lasts approx 5 hours total...did you find this to be true? (We are sailing on Carnival, not that it should make a difference.) Would love to hear your input.

I am thinking there was only one option from the RCCL ship, but I could be wrong. Anyway, we took a bus and then a boat. By the time we got there, and then left in enough time to get back to the ship, we had 2 maybe 2 1/2 hours at the beach. It wasn't enough time because by the time they do there little talk about how to get food and drink, about all the vendors in the shopping areas, where the bathrooms are etc. And then ate lunch, we really only had about an hour and 1/2 left to play.

It really is pretty though. No water toys at all. We actually brought along a couple of air mattresses from home to float on, then just left them there for someone else to use (or take home). They had a really nice covered area to eat lunch and some hammocks hanging between the Palm trees to relax on. There is a small playground for the kids to play on, and I think a trampoline. If they could figure out a way for me to be able to spend 4-5 hours actually on the beach, then I would go back in a heartbeat! But not for a couple of hours.

I am thinking there was only one option from the RCCL ship, but I could be wrong. Anyway, we took a bus and then a boat. By the time we got there, and then left in enough time to get back to the ship, we had 2 maybe 2 1/2 hours at the beach.

If they could figure out a way for me to be able to spend 4-5 hours actually on the beach, then I would go back in a heartbeat! But not for a couple of hours.

From what I understand (after talking to Carrie several times) there are 3 different options of this tour and each one lasts a total of approx 5 hours (which INCLUDES the travel time to get you there and back). If you want to spend more time on the beach - you have to pick the tour that gets you there in the least amount of time. I think the ships only offered 1 or 2 excursions there - but you can get there by booking directly through them too (and save some $$ while you're at it). I have heard that they have done a lot to add to the experience over the last 2 years by adding kayaks and paddle boats, etc. I know they have gotten high reviews on tripadvisor, so I am going to give it a try.

I agree with everything Kim says-- as we booked with same person and Carrie has been amazing!! All I can say for the price and AI, food and Open bar, it can't be beat..... sun and fun... I am going for the peace and quiet.... during spring break time :p AAAAWWWWW Serinity I think I read somewhere!

Tina

JsipesIt sounds good. Have a Blast. I've been to Playa de Carmen, Tulum, Bahia Principe, but haven't done Passion yet. Let us know how it was when you return from Spring Break

Hey there Jsipes we will let you know in less that 3 weeks how we love it I am sure!!!! It is a beach, with chairs, Open Bars and Buffet, Can't hardley go wrong!! Just can't wait

Looking for to being on the Inspiration again after 9 yrs WOOHOOOO!!!!!!:D

Archived