Any savings tips on Port Canaveral parking?

Just wondered if anyone had any tips on how to save on parking at the terminal at Port Canaveral. We are driving to FL and hate to spend an Xtr $70 on parking. I'm cheap. Thought about parking at a local motel but not sure how we'd get to the ship. Any suggestions???? By the way, it's only a 7 day cruise so don't think the rental car thing would work.

Time remaining 'til Mariner of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2005;03;27;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

The Radisson is very close to port and if you stay there before or after your cruise, you can leave your car and they will shuttle you to/from port. Also there are other hotels in the area that will allow you to park and then contract with a shuttle service for a fee. You can get a room at the Radisson for just a little more than the parking fee for a week would be at the port. They offer a cruise and park package but it generally runs a little more than a regular room. You do NOT have to book the cruise package to park and shuttle. Try the code ORLAND for a discount. There are also several local hotels in the Cocoa Beach area that will let you park and then you can either call a cab or a shuttle. Art's shuttle will shuttle from the Cocoa Beach area for about $3/per person/each way. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Oceanfront Cocoa Beach the last two years (Sept/Oct) and got a 49.99 rate and then $3 shuttle.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;09;12;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0400

Mariner of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2005;04;18;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0400

Sovereign of the Seas

aqusis-thanks, that's just the kind of info I was looking for. Is Arts in the phone book under Arts Shuttle? We really weren't planning on spending the night in the area as we will be there during spring break and the maj of the places I checked either do not have availabitly or are too expensive. Since we are driving down from Michigan we can sleep somewhere out of town. I'm hoping we can just "blend" in at one of the larger motels in the area and just take a shuttle to the ship. Hopefully Art's icon_biggrin.gif

Time remaining 'til Mariner of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2005;03;27;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Archived