Cabin questions AOS

RnD

We are taking a cruise (number 52) in June on the AOS. I am looking for opinion son our cabin location before I make our final deposit this weekend.

We are holding 6692, and 6693 both Jr. Suites facing the rear. This is the first time we booked rear facing cabins and the first time we booked cabins this far back.

My Mom is prone to sea sickness-will the rear location be an issue given how far down we are?

Is it noisier in the back (engines etc.), and I think I read problems with soot

Finally as diamond members, we get to use the lounge, but it is up higher, and midship-where we could have booked cabins, would that have been a better choice?

One last comment. This is by far the largest ship we have sailed on-though actually the QM2 probably was as large, but 1t was a liner not a ship, and probably more stable. Are the "crowds" an issue?

Any and all comments would be greatly appreciated.

Voyager class ships are really well designed, so you won't notice how many folks are onboard! Aside from the immediate pool area and when the shows let out, crowding isn't an issue at all!

Having been on so many cruises, you know that the motion you feel will be directly related to how rough the seas are--there's no way to predict if your mom will suffer with motion sickness by being aft. She won't be in the cabin the whole time, anyway!

You shouldn't have noise issues back there at all, but there may be some vibration when the ship is really cooking along!

Enjoy those larger balconies!

Honestly, I would avoid 6692 because out of all the possible aft cabins, deck 6 is the worst for obstructed views. The superstructure on the aft of the ship is most visible on deck 6, and when you are standing at the rail of your balcony - you will have several feet of "grey space" in front of you before you can see the ocean. If at all possible, choose an aft cabin on deck 8 or above. Just my opinion :rolleyes:

Archived