NCL cruisers to Puerto Vallarta-advice please

knarf

We will anchor in Puerto Vallarta on April 24.at 10:00 AM. We will be on the NCL Pearl. I have reserved a zip line tour and have to be at the ofice to be taken to the zip line place by 11:30. I was told that NCL shore excursion customers tender in to shore first( I am not one of them). Do they make us non-NCL customers wait or can we get off with the shore excursion folks. If I have to wait, will I be off the ship by 11:00AM ??? Thank you for your help.

Frank

I don't know what time you will get off the ship. However, it makes sense for the cruise line to give priority to passengers who have booked excursions through them. They will be the first ones off the ship. How long you will have to wait is anyones guess.

We will anchor in Puerto Vallarta on April 24.at 10:00 AM. We will be on the NCL Pearl. I have reserved a zip line tour and have to be at the ofice to be taken to the zip line place by 11:30. I was told that NCL shore excursion customers tender in to shore first( I am not one of them). Do they make us non-NCL customers wait or can we get off with the shore excursion folks. If I have to wait, will I be off the ship by 11:00AM ??? Thank you for your help.

Frank

You sure that its a tender? Just returned last week and both the Carnival Pride and a HAL ship were both docked.

I had called NCL and they said we were anchored and tendered in.

SDPadre fan...not sure I agree..if they tell me that we will be in port from 10 to 5 then I feel it should be 10 to 5.(not 10:45 when their shore excursion people are off the ship. If that is the case, when they send me itinerary info and e-doc info, tell me that it will be 10:45 UNLESS you do Shore Ex. with us. That way I will know my port times ahead of time.

Thanks folks for your feed back .

Frank

Knarf,

Believe me, I don't like it any better than you do. But it is reality. Cruise lines exist to make money like any other business. They give perks to those who spend money just like any other business. Go on enough cruises with a specific cruise line and you get perks. Buy a ridiculously priced suite on a cruise ship and you get perks. Go on tours arranged by the ship (and pay twice what you would by doing it on your own) and you will again get perks.

Unfortunately, it is what it is. We do tend to enjoy those perks however when we are on the receiving end. Not to many people demand to be treated like everyone else when they are offered a special privilege.

Hi SDPadre, you're right..damn facts of life !! :mad:

Now wait a minute, I am giving them the honor of ME cruising on their ship...shouldn't that earn me a perk ??:D

Frank

According to cruise cal, the NCL Pearl will be in Puerto Vallarta on the 25th of April. It is also the only ship in port that day so I would expect it to dock, not tender. That said, NCL may have changed there schedule and will be there on the 24th. There are 2 other ships in port that day and one would have to tender.

We have sailed on Carnival, NCL and RCCL, and all three give priority tenders to those who have booked excursions through them ( so I would assume most others do likewise).

I would be in line for the tenders as soons as they start running. More than likely you will be fine.

Archived