Activities in Juneau and skagway

Blessed One

I start to plan the shore activities for my first Coral princess trip with my family (7 ppl) in May, and due to the budget, we will not join the tour which provide by the cruiseline. Could anyone suggest places that we can visit by public transportation in both cities, since we can stay there more than 8 hours. I know that we can take bus in juneau to Medenhall Glacier. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Are these people kids?? Otherwise, if adults, let everyone choose for themselves and split up. There are so many fantastic Alaska tours to consider.

Search this board, there have been "budget" touring options listed in all ports.

Head to your library and take out Frommer's Alaska and Fodor's Alaska, both have walking tour maps to go over and consider.

I am also looking for "cheap" things to do, and here is what I found:

Mendenhall Glacier in Juneau, which you mentioned. Also, the Mt. Roberts Tram is about $24 and you can hike once at the top.

In Skagway, we are renting a car to drive to Emerald Lake, but I also plan to do some hiking around Dewey Lake when I get back. You can get a map at Skagway.com, or at the visitors' center in town. There is also supposed to be a good National Park walking tour.

Archived