All Things Freedom of the Seas!

My family might be going to Freedom OTS in June. And I have a few questions. It will be our first time on Freedom.

1. Is there an age limits on the spa?

2. Can you take books out of the library and read them in your room?

3. Is there an age limit in the aracde?

4. Does it cost money to use the internet on ship?

I might have more later. :)

My family might be going to Freedom OTS in June. And I have a few questions. It will be our first time on Freedom.

1. Is there an age limits on the spa? Yes, I think it is 16 this is fleetwide, not just Freedom

2. Can you take books out of the library and read them in your room? I think so, never did this myself

3. Is there an age limit in the aracde? No, be careful, the kids know how to go through $$ very fast

4. Does it cost money to use the internet on ship? yes, and it can get pricey, but hey your on vacation, no internet necessary!

I might have more later. :)

Freedom is a wonderful ship you will love it.

We will be on the Eastern FOS next week and I am planning on bringing back copies of the compasses to scan and upload. I have asked several times for recent FOS Eastern compasses with no luck. Maybe someone that was on last week will post them. If not, I will post mine when I get back.

Thanks so much!! :) I've been looking for one of these, too, for our summer cruise. Hope you have a wonderful trip! :D

On what nights are the formal nights on a 7 night cruise on Freedom OTS.

On the FOS Western sailing the Captains Gala is Monday Night, and the second Formal night is the Chefs Dinner on Thursday after the early departure from Grand Cayman.

Steve

Edited by Getsmarts

We will be on the Eastern FOS next week and I am planning on bringing back copies of the compasses to scan and upload. I have asked several times for recent FOS Eastern compasses with no luck. Maybe someone that was on last week will post them. If not, I will post mine when I get back.

We are on the next Eastern after you - April 5th. Have a great trip. Finding Eastern Compasses that are current is almost impossible.

You'll be hooked now! It's wonderful, you actually have time to unpack on the 7 night.

I have only been on two cruises. They were 3 and 4 nights and i thought they were way to short. This is my first time on Freedom OTS too.

I have only been on Sovereign OFS before it left. So it is going to so different.

• 2 weeks later...

I can remember a few questions that I have read along the way on this thread that I have answers to now that we are back from our cruise.

1. Yes, you can still have your balcony opened up to another balcony. Our room steward did this between my balcony and my sister's balcony. He did have to check to make sure that it was OK before he opened it up.

2. The curtain in a D1 cabin does not go all the way across the room to separate the couch/bed from the regular bed. Someone asked that a long time ago.

Can't remember any of the other stuff off the top of my head, but if you have a question I will try to answer. :)

Thanks for doing this. I'm sure it took some time and it is well appreciated.

No problem! I really wanted to see some current compasses before I went on my cruise - but none were to be had. It was only right for me to post what I had asked sooooo many times about! :D

You guys are just lucky I figured out how to use photobucket (um, and my scanner :rolleyes:)!!

Edited by T&Tmom

I just realized that the cruise we're booked on is the first Western itinerary for Freedom out of Port Canaveral. Cool!

If anyone has new compasses from the Western itinerary, I would love to see them! The last one I could find anywhere was over a year old.

Does anyone know if Clo will still be the CD after the PC move?

Edited by curlymason

I'm going on the western cruise next week and promise to bring home all the current compasses and scan them. Not sure where I'll be able to put them (website) but be sure I will find a way. I have had no luck finding anyone to post current ones. The only ones I have found are a year old.

I just realized that the cruise we're booked on is the first Western itinerary for Freedom out of Port Canaveral. Cool!

If anyone has new compasses from the Western itinerary, I would love to see them! The last one I could find anywhere was over a year old.

Does anyone know if Clo will still be the CD after the PC move?

No, Clo will not be on. Richard Spacey just returned on 3/29 and I'm so glad! I'll be sailing in June and he is suppose to be one of the best Cd's.

I'm going on the western cruise next week and promise to bring home all the current compasses and scan them. Not sure where I'll be able to put them (website) but be sure I will find a way. I have had no luck finding anyone to post current ones. The only ones I have found are a year old.

Photobucket is free - and pretty easy to use. I just scanned all of the compasses and uploaded them into an album on Photobucket. They have a url link that you click on and it copies it for you to paste into a post. Very easy.

Enjoy your cruise! Freedom is a fabulous ship.