All Things Freedom of the Seas!

Floridagirl here on CC sent them to me (June from PC). I can forward it to you.

Hello......if you don't mind, I would greatly appreciate the menus and Compasses as well. Haven't sailed on RCI or Freedom yet, but are doing the Eastern itinerary next year......>Thank you in advance!

Garry

gmbillick at att dot net

My boys will be 12 and 13 when we sail on FOS in October. If anyone has pictures of the youth activities area or could share a summation of the types of things that are offered on board for this age group, they would be interested in hearing about it. It looks like there are pretty good areas on the ship designated for the youth - we just want a peek ahead :)

We're doing an Eastern itinerary with Cococay, St. Thomas, and St. Martin.

Thanks.

My boys will be 12 and 13 when we sail on FOS in October. If anyone has pictures of the youth activities area or could share a summation of the types of things that are offered on board for this age group, they would be interested in hearing about it. It looks like there are pretty good areas on the ship designated for the youth - we just want a peek ahead :)

Thanks.

Fuel is the teen disco ...

1sta-Fuel-1.jpg

1stb-FreedomteencenterF1.jpg

1stc-Fuel-2.jpg

1std-FreedomteencenterF3.jpg

1ste-Fuel-3.jpg

My boys will be 12 and 13 when we sail on FOS in October. If anyone has pictures of the youth activities area or could share a summation of the types of things that are offered on board for this age group, they would be interested in hearing about it. It looks like there are pretty good areas on the ship designated for the youth - we just want a peek ahead

Thanks.

The Living Room is a place for the teens to hang out ...

1stf-IMG_1837.jpg

1stg-FreedomteencenterL2.jpg

1sth-FreedomteencenterL4.jpg

There is also a dedicated back deck for the teens ...

1stj-IMG_1814.jpg

1sti-Teenbackdeck.jpg

1stj-IMG_1813.jpg

Wow - thanks for the quick pictures - I just showed the boys~ looks like the Living Room is a place for their age group! And I loved the peek into Johnny Rockets.

Which leads to another question -- can we have their Sea Passes where they can charge but only up to a certain limit? That way if they want to grab lunch or shakes at Johnny Rockets, they don't have to find us? I absolutely don't want them to have unlimited charging priviliges, but was just wondering about that.

Thanks again for the pics!

We will also be doing the E Caribbean on FOS in March with 8 kids ages 17-21. For 7 out of 8 of them, it'll be their first cruise. Could someone email me the compasses and menus . The guys are interested in the menus (of course for them it's also meal time) and sporting activities and the girls .... everything else but! They all love trivia so that'll be a hit as well...

Thanks

Wow - thanks for the quick pictures - I just showed the boys~ looks like the Living Room is a place for their age group! And I loved the peek into Johnny Rockets.

Which leads to another question -- can we have their Sea Passes where they can charge but only up to a certain limit? That way if they want to grab lunch or shakes at Johnny Rockets, they don't have to find us? I absolutely don't want them to have unlimited charging priviliges, but was just wondering about that.

Thanks again for the pics!

I know you can make it so that they cannot charge anything. But I don't know if you can set a daily limit. However, you could just set up a cash account for them and put $10 per day (or whatever limit you are setting) into the account.

[quote name='nzdisneymom']Wow - thanks for the quick pictures - I just showed the boys~ looks like the Living Room is a place for their age group! And I loved the peek into Johnny Rockets.

Thanks again for the pics![/quote]

Yes you can put a limit on their cards. I don't think you can make it a per day limit though. I put a $50 on my kids card and when it was gone...it was gone. Great budgeting lesson.

I have Eastern Compasses & Daily menus as pdf & word documents.
IF YOU WILL EMAIL ME- I will forward back to you. It may not be immediately but I will get them back to you. It is so much easier when I just have to attach & return.
I received them several weeks ago from 2 nice people > I sent about 50 in the last 7 days > but know how much fun it is to read & plan ahead.
My email address is daniel dot james1 at comcast dot net
We are counting the days until 11/ & have learned so much from this site.
djay

[quote]I know you can make it so that they cannot charge anything. But I don't know if you can set a daily limit. However, you could just set up a cash account for them and put $10 per day (or whatever limit you are setting) into the account.[/quote]

[quote]
Yes you can put a limit on their cards. I don't think you can make it a per day limit though. I put a $50 on my kids card and when it was gone...it was gone. Great budgeting lesson. [/quote]

Thanks for the replies! We are going to get them soda cards so they'll be able to use those throughout the week, but they might want to do some other things as well. I'll def. come back and post here what we end up doing and how it works out after our cruise. Thanks again for the info - this thread is a wealth of information!

[quote name='djay']I have Eastern Compasses & Daily menus as pdf & word documents.
IF YOU WILL EMAIL ME- I will forward back to you. It may not be immediately but I will get them back to you. It is so much easier when I just have to attach & return.
I received them several weeks ago from 2 nice people > I sent about 50 in the last 7 days > but know how much fun it is to read & plan ahead.
My email address is daniel dot james1 at comcast dot net
We are counting the days until 11/ & have learned so much from this site.
djay[/quote]

Thanks again Daniel! Got your pdf's on Sat. Now I have 30 days to plan.

Hi,
We cruised on Disney Cruise Line once before and want to try RCCL. I'm looking into booking a March Freedom of the Seas cruise. It looks like the only available balcony cabins are D1's. I have my choice of Decks 6 (aft port), 7 (aft starboard) or 9 (aft port). Which would you choose?

Thanks!

[quote name='KeithMoon']Hi,
We cruised on Disney Cruise Line once before and want to try RCCL. I'm looking into booking a March Freedom of the Seas cruise. It looks like the only available balcony cabins are D1's. I have my choice of Decks 6 (aft port), 7 (aft starboard) or 9 (aft port). Which would you choose?

Thanks![/quote]

BTW, which March sailing are you trying to book and how many people in your family/group? There may be other cabins available that your TA isn't finding or that RCI isn't offering to you.........

[quote name='A2Mich']BTW, which March sailing are you trying to book and how many people in your family/group? There may be other cabins available that your TA isn't finding or that RCI isn't offering to you.........[/quote]

It's the March 14th Eastern. We are 2 adults and 2 children. I see that there are several Jr. suites available as well, but don't think we are willing to spend an extra $1000 on that.

[quote name='KeithMoon']It's the March 14th Eastern. We are 2 adults and 2 children. I see that there are several Jr. suites available as well, but don't think we are willing to spend an extra $1000 on that.[/quote]

Hey there Who-Fan / Keith Moon....as of right now, it appears that 1404 is available for your sailing....which will be an aft balcony on deck 10....we've booked 1402 on our Sept 2010 Freedom cruise. Do a quick search on the RCI boards for something like "Freedom 1404 1704). You should be able to find a few threads with photos of either 1404 or 1704 (will be same cabin, mirror location). I did the same type of search for 1402 or 1702. The aft balcony on deck 10, from what I can tell can't be seen from above (the WJ is directly above--no cabins above you) and the balconies are HUGE!

From our current pricing, a JS would be more like $1500 more than a D1. I don't believe there are many E1's that can sleep 4. I believe the only few E1's for 4 are just before/after the hump, and there may be a total of like 10-12 of these. Edited by A2Mich