Spa /pool

Has anyone tried the Chadra Balancing capsule On Dawn or other Princess ships ? What is it? What do you wear in it? Is it worth the 25 mins./$49. or 50 mins./$69. Do you get entry into the spa pool if you buy this treatment? Does entry into the spa pool cost $ or is it free? Is the pool just a big hot tub?

Only been on HAL ships and Tahitian Princess, so have many questions.

Any of Spa massages the best? We plan on massages at Krystal Hotel in PV, but one on ship would be nice too, on a sea day. Do they ever give discounts on Sea day massages or other days? Do you get any discount if you book before sailing? Online?

Are one of the pools on Dawn Princess lap pool? Where is it located? Is it always busy? Is it too cold (we are used to cold weather) to use any of the pools on Sea days on Mex. Rivera cruise?

Any Mutts on Dawn Princess?

I just came off the Golden Princess a month ago and we were spa-addict. We saw the Chankra capsule. Frankly I am sure if I want to get in it. It is a bit claustrophobic. You get in this capsule that is completely enclosed and once you are in there, there are lights. I suppose you can wear anything you like or nothing at all.

There may be discount on port days. I always find that the discount isn't all that steep anyway. So if you want a massage on sea day, just go for it. We had the couple's massage which is the best value for two people. In fact, on the Golden, it was the best massage I have had. We also had the spa sampler with include a facial, eye treatment and a choice of shoulder and foot massage for $90. I think that was the best value. The price for on-board spa is not cheap. You will get better value at the Krystal Resort on PV. But, hey, you are on holiday.

Does the Chabra capsule cover your head too?:eek: I do get claustrophobic, doesn't sound like fun to me !! When do they offer the Spa sampler? Didn't see it to prebook before cruise....

Glad to hear that the Dawn has 4 pools, the more the better,cause I know they (cruiseship pools) are always small. How many hot tubs on Dawn? Do they have certain hours to use. One of my favorite memories is of being in the hot tub with my husband, on the Tahitian Princess, with a full moon, late at night and having the hot tub to ourselves.Ahhhhhh......... This may not be an option on a larger ship, but it would be nice to have some alone time in the hot tub with my daughter.

Thanks for your help.

Yes, the capsule covers your head. It is kind of like, dare I say it, a coffin. The spa sampler is not listed online but it is advertised in the Princess Patter. I am not sure about the Dawn. But on the Golden Princess, the spa pool has a jet stream current pool (can't remember the technical term for it). But you can swim in front of it and actually do laps while you are stationary.

Archived