Czech Republic Insurance Question

Bill S

We will be doing a Christmas Market cruise with a group in December on Avalon. Avalon's brochure says that the Czech Republic requires tourists to have med-evac insurance in the minimum amount of $35,000. One of our group members refuses to purchase insurance.

For anyone who has visited the Czech Republic recently, do they really verify that you have such coverage when you fly in? Will our group member have a problem if she doesn't have the insurance? Anyone have any experience with this issue?

I'm very surprised, that anyone would be foolish enough to travel anywhere without the proper medical Ins. coverage.

That type of issue needs to be between her and Avalon. If it's their policy, then they are holding the cards on who they let on their ships and who they don't let on.

I can guarantee you, that Avalon won't want to be responsible for anyone that doesn't adhere to what the policies are.

IceFlower01 and Steamboats: THANK YOU! The links were very helpful.

We always obtain travel insurance but some folks just view it as an unecessary expense. At least it looks like it is not something that the Czech immigration folks regularly ask for upon entry for a tourist visit. Hopefully, our friend will be OK without it.

i did verify that you must have at least the repatiriation portion for upto 40000 dollars. You can get that part separate from travel guard for under 20 dollars and not get the cancelation addition. i did get the whold thing for under 100 dollars and you do no thave to go thru avalon and yes they are checking that you have it. Friends went last year and they did get checked for policies.

Archived