11 months to go

angela76

We have 11 months to go and already problems with this cruise:mad: . First went to get passports and was turned down because the birthcert. have wrond type seal on them. Then problems with the cabins being togeather (two under age boys will be in one):eek: . You know the kind of trouble they can get into if they are on a whole other deck. I'm traveling with 12 people total. Some have never cruised before and they are not wanting to go now. But we are ALL GOING. And when we get on board we will just have to have more drinks:D .

Angela... You've got the right attitude...

You've got eleven months to work out the details... the BIG picture is that you're going on a cruise with family!

It doesn't get much better than that!!!

Cruise Critic will help you pass the time 'til you sail...

;)

Take a deep breath.......ok you've got plenty of time to get the correct birth certificates. Did you use a TA or did you book directly with Carnival? Either one should be able to work out the room thing.....the ship won't be full yet. Also, have your reservations "linked" for dinner so that you will all be assigned to the same table in the dining room.

And have a great time planning for this cruise.....you will have a wonderful time!!

T Also, have your reservations "linked" for dinner so that you will all be assigned to the same table in the dining room.!

That's assuming she still wants to sit with everyone by that time!!

What's the problem with the cabins being together?

dnice1979.........depending on who you booked with (TA or Carnival) call them. They will need the booking numbers and name on the booking for each separate booking and they can "link" them and put you all at one table. We've done it many times. Have a great cruise.

Hang in there and remember travel is always an adventure that requires flexibility and changes!!! Remember - that cruise will be worth it and 11 months is a loooong time to work things out. There are always little glitches and things like that for me at least - it's part of the adventure. Or maybe I am just jinxed with those things - usually with airlines for me.:eek: :p

For example - I just found out last weekend that Delta had drastically switched all my flights for our July cruise - changed by over 3 hours and now no longer non-stop on one. They never notified me - I found out from someone on our roll call who was trying to book. First I was mad - then I called them and it ended up working out for the better. We had booked from an airport 3 hours away because it cost less than half what flying from home would and that the flights were non-stop. I was shocked, but they allowed me to switch at no cost to our very expensive local airport so it actually worked out better for us saving gas, parking, etc. It's no longer non-stop, but I don't have to drive 3 hours now.

Last cruise our flights the day before were delayed and we missed our connection. Luckily we were able to fly the next morning and still make the ship.:D

You have plenty of time to get the right birth certificate and re-file for passports. Just call whoever you booked with on the cabin issue - that is the kind of thing they get paid to work out!

Archived