I should probably stop shopping.....

yiddishkopf

We are booked and have our documents for the Osaka to Vancouver cruise on the Statendaam which leaves Osaka on 4-23, but there is a possibility that we will have to cancel. My significant other, (we've been together nearly 13 years) has been ill and it could prevent our cruise. We always buy insurance -- neither of us are young and we know that anything can happen when one books a year in advance.

He has had severe flu and walking pneumonia but in the many tests a spot on his lung was seen. He goes back to the doctor on Monday for a

CAT scan and the doctor will give the final word as to our trip. He feels very weak at this point.

Hopefully we will get a green light, but to the distress of local merchants, I will stop shopping!

Sending you good thoughts for health so that you can both enjoy your cruise.

Here's a funny coincidence. Our neighbour recently had something very similar. He did have to have some surgery, but it turned out that the spot was a bacteria between his chest wall and lung.

The bottom line is that he did spend about a week in hospital but is home and fine now. He's lost some weight, but is doing great. Hope your situation turns out well and you can continue with your shopping & planning for your wonderful cruise!

yiddishkopf, my Father had a spot on his lung after pneumonia that turned out to be nothing serious. I think this is common. Your friend's lethargy may be caused by despression about his uncertainty about his health.

I hope you get to go on your cruise. Good luck and keep the faith.

Thanks to those who replied with encouraging words. My little grandson keeps making get well cards for Jack because he wants me to bring him something "really cool" from Japan! I will let my board friends know the outcome of this.

To echo what others have told you, I too went through this same scenario after pneumonia. It was a very scarey time, so I know what you (and he) are going through. But like the others who have posted here before me, mine turned out to be nothing serious.

Best wishes.

Archived