Using the spa...

CFitzRN

I've read several posts by people who say they decided to go grab a shower at the spa, or use the spa's hot tub, etc. Is it free and open to whomever chooses to use it? And why is it not overrun with people if it is free? Thanks for any info.

Is it free and open to whomever chooses to use it?

It's free...and usually not very crowded. I suspect the vast majority of passengers don't know the option is available--since it's generally not widely advertised on the ship itself

You go to the front desk, give them your s&S card and they give you a key to a locker. You have a place to stash all your clothes, toiletries, etc. while you frolic in the hot tub and steam room and then take a shower in their roomy shower with all the luxury towels you want !

One day out of the week they will also leave spa products laying around for people to test for free. Take advantage of this, it's some good stuff.

kim

I've read several posts by people who say they decided to go grab a shower at the spa, or use the spa's hot tub, etc. Is it free and open to whomever chooses to use it? And why is it not overrun with people if it is free? Thanks for any info.

Yes - free and open to whomever chooses to use it. Not sure why it's not overrun, but there were a few more people there this time. Maybe word is getting out.

My favorite new routine on this cruise went like this:

return from another hard day at the beach on yet another tropical island, sit in the spa's hot tub and relax with my eyes closed, move to the steam room for another few blissful minutes, leisurely shower in the spa, wrap up in that yummy Carnival robe, head back to the cabin and dress for late seating dinner. I hesitated at wandering the halls in my robe, but decided half the ship was at early seating, and the other half was in their cabin dressing for late seating. To those who were eating dinner on Lido, I apologize for my shocking lack of manners. :rolleyes: Okay, not really. :D Besides, Elwin, our steward, told me everyday that this was my cruise and I should do what I like.

Thanks, everyone, for your input! That is very cool and I definitely intend to use the spa now. Very nice.

One more question: Is there basketball anywhere on the ship? Or even just a hoop? TIA again. :D

They don't go to the spa because there is no food there....:D

I try to go to the spa at least twice on a 5 day cruise to use the treadmill and the steam and sauna. There are some activities at the spa which will cost you $10 or so (such as Pilates classes). On the Fantasy, the spa was somewhat busy, especially in the mornings.

Do they try and pressure you for additional services (massage, facial, etc. ) whilst visiting the spa?

We use the spa daily. no pressure if your just using the gym, hot tubs, steam etc. If you get a massage, they will try to sell products. But even it that, it wasn't high pressure. just a quick look at what they had to offer/reccomend. A simple "no thank you" is all it took.

Do they try and pressure you for additional services (massage, facial, etc. ) whilst visiting the spa?

No, but they don't have to pressure me ;) I usually look for one of their specials. This time it was a choice of three services for a fairly reasonable price (hey, it's my cruise!). I chose a back and shoulder massage, scalp massage, and facial for an hour total. Heaven.

Does anyone know if the sauna's and jacuzzi's are co-ed?

This is a good question. I'd be more apt to use these in the spa if they were. I'll have to try out the showers, though, they sound wonderful!

One day out of the week they will also leave spa products laying around for people to test for free. Take advantage of this, it's some good stuff.

kim

Wow...did not know that! Thanks for the info Kim!

On Legend last year the jacuzzi was co-ed. The sauna and steam room were not, however. My daughter and I fell in love with the steam room and only regretted that we waited so long to utilize it!

Also, we were very surprised at how under-utilized this area is...not that I'm complaining!:)

Is there a way to find out the rates for massages and facials, plus any other services the spas offer? My DH and I are headed out on Glory in September and I would like to plan for some spa time/services on the At Sea days.

Thanks,

Debbie

Please note that many ships are doing away with the spa jacuzzis. It was just taken out of Valor in drydock. I know that Paradise used to have them and no longer does... I'm guessing that they will probably be slowly phazed out fleetwide...

I want to say no the saunas aren't, because they haven't been on the ships I've sailed on, but double check on the deck plans for your particular ship. The jacuzzi in the spa is co-ed.

Yes - free and open to whomever chooses to use it. Not sure why it's not overrun, but there were a few more people there this time. Maybe word is getting out.

My favorite new routine on this cruise went like this:

return from another hard day at the beach on yet another tropical island, sit in the spa's hot tub and relax with my eyes closed, move to the steam room for another few blissful minutes, leisurely shower in the spa, wrap up in that yummy Carnival robe, head back to the cabin and dress for late seating dinner. I hesitated at wandering the halls in my robe, but decided half the ship was at early seating, and the other half was in their cabin dressing for late seating. To those who were eating dinner on Lido, I apologize for my shocking lack of manners. :rolleyes: Okay, not really. :D Besides, Elwin, our steward, told me everyday that this was my cruise and I should do what I like.

Yes, seeing someone covered head to toe in a fluffy white robe is SHOCKING!!!:D Much more shocking than some of the things I have seen hanging (and I do mean hanging) out by the pool!

Archived