Santo Tomas - NCL Spirit excursion times

bqkali

I'm going to be in Santo Tomas for the day (8-6), and after reading this forum extensively, I'd really like to see Las Escobas waterfalls and I'm planning on going with an independent tour. However, the tour is only 2.5-3 hours, leaving a lot of the day for other activities.

I am interested in combining a half-day tour of the waterfalls with a half-day tour of something else: either horseback-riding, kayaking, or Quirigua (all are 4 hours through NCL). Does anyone have a copy of the NCL shore excursion order form for Santo Tomas? I am interested in what times these excursions depart, to see if it is possible to see Las Escobas in conjunction with one of these other tours.

I am assuming with so many private tour operators that there are 2-3 departure times to Las Escobas throughout the day...I'd love to be able to fit two things in so that I don't spend most of the day on the ship.

I looked on the NCL site-- once you log in and they have you booked -- you should be able to call up the excurison page--NCL Quiriga leaves at 8:30am. contact Gus with Go with Gus tours and see if can arrage something for your-- he has both tours available. google Go with gus Tours-- hisemail is on the site.

big green

I looked on the NCL site-- once you log in and they have you booked -- you should be able to call up the excurison page--NCL Quiriga leaves at 8:30am. contact Gus with Go with Gus tours and see if can arrage something for your-- he has both tours available. google Go with gus Tours-- hisemail is on the site.

big green

Thanks--NCL doesn't realize I've booked yet, so I can't access the exact times.

I'll look into Go With Gus :)

i did quiriqua archeological explorer...just the drive to the site and back. we met on the docks at 8:30 and were back about 2. the tour is 4 hours. Quiriqua and the dulce river explorer is a 9 hour tour, oririqur and banana plantation is 6 1/2 hours. (there's a banana plantation right outside quiriqua)

an local vendor may be able to arrange things more to you likings. i talked to several people who did things with gus and loved it.

i loved quirique, but thata cruise was a mayan history tour (for us). we did lamania and the river safari in belize, since we didn't want to do 2 mayan sites w/river tours...for quiriqua we just did the 1/2 day.

for quiriqua, the bus ride is an hour there and an hour back...the highway isn't bad, but the driving can be unbelievable!!

i have photos of quiriqua in my webshot link..in the file for santo tomas.:D

• 2 weeks later...
i did quiriqua archeological explorer...just the drive to the site and back. we met on the docks at 8:30 and were back about 2. the tour is 4 hours. Quiriqua and the dulce river explorer is a 9 hour tour, oririqur and banana plantation is 6 1/2 hours. (there's a banana plantation right outside quiriqua)

an local vendor may be able to arrange things more to you likings. i talked to several people who did things with gus and loved it.

i loved quirique, but thata cruise was a mayan history tour (for us). we did lamania and the river safari in belize, since we didn't want to do 2 mayan sites w/river tours...for quiriqua we just did the 1/2 day.

for quiriqua, the bus ride is an hour there and an hour back...the highway isn't bad, but the driving can be unbelievable!!

i have photos of quiriqua in my webshot link..in the file for santo tomas.:D

Thanks! Sounds like Quirigua was a great choice!

quiriqua is excellent...very different. no ruins, really. they do have steps to climb to see the big ball count and some other ruins up there. the main thing is the tall carvings..very interesting and very well protected.

just make sure you take bug spray, it's very grassy and the 'skitters come up from the grass.

we did this tour, then went to lamanai (in belize) the next day...loved seeing the difference in culture and buildings.

pictures in my webshot link, in signature, for anyone interested.

Archived